Easybus-complaint sent-NO RESPONSE!

Options
mustachio
mustachio Posts: 83 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 23 October 2013 at 12:58AM in Public transport & cycling
[FONT=&quot]Had quite a nasty experience travelling with Easybus. I was travelling with partner to airport. I have sent this letter and slightly altered versions THREE TIMES. Absolutely no response. It was back in late June. I am quite cross as I wasn't even asking for anything other than what we were over payed. We suspect the driver was just pocketing the money as well. Any advice or should I just write it off?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is copy of the letter with personal details removed:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wish to raise a complaint regarding myself and my fiance’s recent experience with Easybus. Originally this issue was raised on 6/7/13 with no response and I again wrote on 31/7/2013. I have not received any response and this is my third and final letter before I escalate. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have used Easy Bus many times over the years and have received very good service from polite staff. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However on our trip from Baker Street to Standsted we were told by the staff member we would have to pay for our fare in cash since we only had a print out of the booking reference number e-mail and not the ticket. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We were informed quite rudely by the driver that we either paid £10 in cash each or we would not be allowed on the bus. When offered to show the original e-mail from our phone he responded, “You are wasting my time” and turned away.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since we had no other option we paid the cash to reach our holiday destination.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On our retuning journey we noticed other passengers being let onto the bus with booking references and not the full printed ticket. We found the drivers attitude rude and quite confrontational. Furthermore we are concerned that his actions are dishonest and not consistent with that of your other drivers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Below are our order details:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Booking Number :
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date : 25/06/2013[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Depart : CENTRAL LONDON GloucesterPlace (Baker St)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Time :
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date : 25/06/2013[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Arrive : STANSTED AIRPORT Stansted Airport[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Time :
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Seats : 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would request that the total of £20 cash we were asked for is refunded back to us and that the driver is asked to consider how is actions impact on both his own and your organisations reputation,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully,[/FONT]

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not quite sure why you were asked for a 'ticket' - Easybus as I understand it don't issue tickets.

They have a bad reputation for ignoring customer complaints - I suspect you will have to take then to court to get anywhere. Is it worth the bother?

Was it actually the bus you were booked on?

Terravision have a - slightly - better reputation, as do National Express
  • mustachio
    Options
    dzug1 wrote: »
    Not quite sure why you were asked for a 'ticket' - Easybus as I understand it don't issue tickets.

They have a bad reputation for ignoring customer complaints - I suspect you will have to take then to court to get anywhere. Is it worth the bother?

Was it actually the bus you were booked on?

Terravision have a - slightly - better reputation, as do National Express

Thanks for your response. Yes it is genuinely frustrating. Suspect the guy was pocketing the money. All I wanted was that money I gave him back & for staff to have a word with him.

Just going to have to forget about it. Tempted to boycott Easybus though honestly think it was just this guy.
  • flyingscotno1
    Options
    mustachio wrote: »
    Thanks for your response. Yes it is genuinely frustrating. Suspect the guy was pocketing the money. All I wanted was that money I gave him back & for staff to have a word with him.

Just going to have to forget about it. Tempted to boycott Easybus though honestly think it was just this guy.

Did he give you anything like a ticket or a receipt of you paying £10? If not you are probably right about him pocketing it.
  • tristanwhotravels
    Options
    I've also had terrible experiences with Easybus, nearly missing flights etc.
    From London Bridge, at least 1, possibly, 2 buses didn't arrive at the correct time. luckily we were next to the train station so could take the quicker option to Gatwick to get our flights on time, at significant extra cost.
    2 claims for refund (they only refund the cost of the Easybus ticket, not the replacement type of transport you had to take due to the failure of their service), and still no response.
    Boycott!!!!
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've also had terrible experiences with Easybus, nearly missing flights etc.
    From London Bridge, at least 1, possibly, 2 buses didn't arrive at the correct time. luckily we were next to the train station so could take the quicker option to Gatwick to get our flights on time, at significant extra cost.
    2 claims for refund (they only refund the cost of the Easybus ticket, not the replacement type of transport you had to take due to the failure of their service), and still no response.
    Boycott!!!!

So two people have a poor experience and I'm supposed to 'Boycott'??

Try again Tristan!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why did you not complain to the supervisor at Stansted at the time? If what you say is correct, then they won't 'have a word with him', they would have to fire him for theft.
    Your letter needs to set out how you intend to 'escalate' the matter if it is to be effective. After two non-replies I'd be sending a formal LBA though.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Oldfatgrumpy
    Options
    @Macman, the original post is 2 years old.
  • SarahF21
    Options
    Hello. I've also had a terrible experience with Easybus!! Our driver was half asleep when he picked us up, clearly overworked or just been out the night before. As soon as we got on the motorway towards Manchester Airport he started swerving into different lanes and then looked up and said sorry I'm tired. But then he just carried on swerving into the fast lane too! People were beeping and swearing at him! Was all very scary. But when we came off the motorway he crossed lanes without looking and smashed into the side of another car! They got out and took his insurance details and everything. When we finally arrived at the airport, completely shook up, the driver didn't ask if we were okay or apologise or anything. So I then complained to Easybus they responded immediately saying that they will treat this as a matter of emergency. But nothing was done for a few days so we have sent them numerous emails, and received many rude emails back. We have asked for a contact number, manager number and insurance details but didn't receive anything! Completely disgusted with EasyBus please no one use them!!!!!! They could of killed me and my boyfriend
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Options
    SarahF21 wrote: »
    Hello. I've also had a terrible experience with Easybus!! Our driver was half asleep when he picked us up, clearly overworked or just been out the night before. As soon as we got on the motorway towards Manchester Airport he started swerving into different lanes and then looked up and said sorry I'm tired. But then he just carried on swerving into the fast lane too! People were beeping and swearing at him! Was all very scary. But when we came off the motorway he crossed lanes without looking and smashed into the side of another car! They got out and took his insurance details and everything. When we finally arrived at the airport, completely shook up, the driver didn't ask if we were okay or apologise or anything. So I then complained to Easybus they responded immediately saying that they will treat this as a matter of emergency. But nothing was done for a few days so we have sent them numerous emails, and received many rude emails back. We have asked for a contact number, manager number and insurance details but didn't receive anything! Completely disgusted with EasyBus please no one use them!!!!!! They could of killed me and my boyfriend

You've got replies on your other thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5679796
    It's probably best to stick to posting in one place.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Options
    OP why don't you just come out and say you want some compensation for your experience?
    (I have read the other thread)

There can be no other reason why you are sending all this communication to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure