Lidl Super weekend 15/16 July

dlusman
dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 11 July 2017 at 6:03PM in Gone off!
More wine + 2 good offers

Syrah Grenache rose 75cl £2.99 from £4.99
Chardonnay Veneto white 75cl £2.99 from £4.79
Deluxe West Country Cheddar ( Vintage 250g or Extra Mature 320g ) £1.14 from £2.29
Deluxe Crisps 150g (Mature Chedder & red Onion , Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream ) 39p from 79p

F& V for full week @ 45p
Sweet Potato 500g
Radish 250g
Nectarines 500g
Aubergine each

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 11 Jul: Lidl has confirmed details of its upcoming ‘Super Weekend’ offers online (https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=73) and with us. Offers include half-price cheddar (£1.14, down from £2.29), half price crisps (39p, down from 79p), plus discounted bottles of rose (£2.99 down from £4.99) and white wine (£2.99 down from £4.79), available in stores this weekend, while stocks last.
Big thanks to dlusman for the original spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Maybe cheese for me then Gromit.
  • Another wine and cheese party with crisps as munchies
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dlusman wrote: »
    More wine + 2 good offers

Syrah Grenache rose 75cl £2.99 from £4.99
    Chardonnay Veneto white 75cl £2.99 from £4.79
    Deluxe West Country Cheddar ( Vintage 250g or Extra Mature 320g ) £1.14 from £2.29
    Deluxe Crisps 150g (Mature Chedder & red Onion , Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream ) 39p from 79p

F& V for full week @ 45p
    Sweet Potato 500g
    Radish 250g
    Nectarines 500g
    Aubergine each

That Rose is good value and great for the Summer.
    Here are some interesting recipes/cocktails for using Rose. Instead of Pimms, I would use Lidl's Peytons at £6.99 a bottle.
  • sew_what
    sew_what Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I got the Chardonnay last time it was on offer - perfectly drinkable for £2.99!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I bought Valley Spire cheese a few weeks ago in Lidls, and opened it up and it had been pre-frozen and it crumbled all the time I am working my way through it, and had to whizz it in my small chopper to even more crumbs as its impossible to slice so I shan't be buying that cheese again
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    JackieO wrote: »
    I bought Valley Spire cheese a few weeks ago in Lidls, and opened it up and it had been pre-frozen and it crumbled all the time I am working my way through it, and had to whizz it in my small chopper to even more crumbs as its impossible to slice so I shan't be buying that cheese again

Never had any problems with the Valley Spire cheese I have bought from them . ( and this offer is different )
  • Huskydays
    Huskydays Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Cheese, crisps and nectarines for me :T
    Glad it's not just me. I've found their mature cheddar (the one in the purple pack) is always crumbly these days but the other types I've tried have always been fine. I wondered if it was a batch storage issue or something.
    A witty saying proves nothing
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'll be wanting the cheese. I gave it a miss last time there was cheese listed as I felt I had enough at home already - and the time before that I missed it as I thought it was a week-long offer, so went on the Tuesday :)

I'm nearly out of cheese now, so a couple of packs would suffice.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite

Probably not.

Cheddar is subject to an ageing process. The older the cheese the more crumbly it becomes. You might prefer eating a young cheddar with a smooth texture and a mild flavour, some of us prefer the older stuff with a bit more bite.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think you have been unlucky. I've never had a problem with the red packs, although the vintage cheese on offer tastes lovely, there's not much taste difference between this and the big packs of standard mature.
    Huskydays wrote: »
    Cheese, crisps and nectarines for me :T
    The last lot of Mature Cheese an Red Onion I bought were vile, far too much salt. I won't be risking that flavour again, although the Chilli was fine.

The nectarines I found go rotten inside before they ripen. Aldi's on the other hand are just perfect.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure