Loan paid then not paid

DarrenW80
DarrenW80 Posts: 23 Forumite
Hi I had a loan with Likely Loans last year and on the 9th March I decided to pay the whole lot off using a master card. I checked with both the credit card company and Likely Loans that it would go through as a bill and not a cash advance which they both agreed it would go through as just like a debit cafd payment. They took my card details and the money from my card and sent me documents via email to say there are no further payments and account is cleared. A week passes and I check my credit card to find the payment is no longer pending and the money I paid Likely Loans has gone back on my credit card. So I contact Likely Loans to find why they never took my money and they told me they are having problems with their IT Department and master card payments and that its ttheir fault and once its fixed and sorted out they will call me to take the payment again. How do I stand with this now?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DarrenW80 wrote: »
    Hi I had a loan with Likely Loans last year and on the 9th March I decided to pay the whole lot off using a master card. I checked with both the credit card company and Likely Loans that it would go through as a bill and not a cash advance which they both agreed it would go through as just like a debit cafd payment. They took my card details and the money from my card and sent me documents via email to say there are no further payments and account is cleared. A week passes and I check my credit card to find the payment is no longer pending and the money I paid Likely Loans has gone back on my credit card. So I contact Likely Loans to find why they never took my money and they told me they are having problems with their IT Department and master card payments and that its ttheir fault and once its fixed and sorted out they will call me to take the payment again. How do I stand with this now?

Well you still owe the money if that's what your asking.

Why you using a credit card, why not a debit card ?
  • DarrenW80
    DarrenW80 Posts: 23 Forumite
    I am aware that I still owe it but I need to pay it ASAP because of a disability I have. I could use a debit card but thought I would use my master card and pay it when I get the statement, its only £1,000
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DarrenW80 wrote: »
    I am aware that I still owe it but I need to pay it ASAP because of a disability I have. I could use a debit card but thought I would use my master card and pay it when I get the statement, its only £1,000

Then why ask where do you stand with it ?

Ring them tomorrow offering to make the payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure