Get a Mortgage with CCJs??

Options
I have 3 CCJs which are 5 years old that occurred during my divorce. The CCJs relate to a property that was awarded by the court to my ex-wife.

What are the chances for getting a mortgage with 3 CCJs?
I have been told that i have no chance of getting a mortgage if i have any CCJs.
I only have a £10K deposit.

Comments

• glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    More information required:

1) What purchase price are you looking at?

2) What is your income?

3) How much were the CCJ's for? Are they fully paid? What has your account conduct been like since?

4) What debts do you have currently?

5) What is your age / what term are you looking for?

6) Are you applying on your own or jointly?
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    With a 15% deposit I would be pretty confident, anything less than that and it would come down to the finer details.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • topgun928
    Options
    Hi Glosoli,

1) What purchase price are you looking at?
    Looking at £200,000

2) What is your income?
    £59,000

3) How much were the CCJ's for? Are they fully paid? What has your account conduct been like since?
    CCJs for Service changes.
    July 2011 - £722
    Jan 2012 - £703
    Aug 2012 - £1,411

Only noticed the CCJs recently after a Credit Report.
    There had been late payments during the same time (going through divorce). Since that time all clear.

4) What debts do you have currently?
    None

5) What is your age / what term are you looking for?
    50years old. Looking 20 year term.

6) Are you applying on your own or jointly?
    applying on my own.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    topgun928 wrote: »
    Only noticed the CCJs recently after a Credit Report.

You would have received court papers at the time. The debts one assumes are unpaid/recently settled if you weren't aware of their existance.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds to me like these CCJs have only just been satisfied, or have not been satisfied - is that the case?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ap1985
    ap1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    I guess the CCJs would fall off your credit file in a year so can't you wait to build up your credit report again and then apply for a mortgage. Or you may need a big deposit.
    :jFinally going to be a homeowner:T
  • topgun928
    Options
    Thank you all for your advise.
  • David_White
    Options
    A mortgage should be possible with a 15% deposit, potentially 10% if there's no recent issues at all.

I'd let a broker take a look at your credit report so that they can make a proper assessment.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure