MSE News: Bargain hunters slam retailers over cancelled Black Friday orders

Legacy_user
Legacy_user Posts: 0 Newbie
edited 1 December 2016 at 1:19PM in Shop but don't drop
Black Friday shoppers have criticised retailers after payments were made for orders that were later cancelled...
Read the full story:
'Bargain hunters slam retailers over cancelled Black Friday orders – refunds available but discounts may disappear'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• minislim
    minislim Posts: 357
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i have to say after two previous years of quite good black friday bargains. This years was absolutely rubbish. hardly any real good deals (as martins pointed out before some where cheaper at other times of the year!).

now with this cancelled orders escapade i think its fair to say Black fridays had its day already.

note to all retailers. dont bother next year. just give good deals throughout the year! thats usually better!
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Logged on Thursday night, bought some stuff at Black Friday prices, the confirmation e-mail came at:

24 Nov 2016 23:28:25 +0000

Naturally, when I checked around 6pm, on Friday, the juicy items had become out of stock.

There was a £300 off washer/dryer I hesitated over. It was a discontinued item, and was showing out of stock later on Friday. Spoke to the shop, and it was discontinued stock, last few units. Obviously first come first served, and it has now totally disappeared from their website.

40 years ago, you had to queue outside Harrods for days, and only the first few customers got the bargains.

I firmly subscribe to the early bird gets the worm principle with Sales.

At least I didn't have to queue outside Harrods for three days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure