Santander Additional Borrowing

Options
Hi all

I'm looking to get some additional borrowing on my existing santander mortgage in order to do some works to my house.

Does anyone know the process for this?
  1. Will they go through a full mortgage-style application where they go through all my expenses etc?
  2. Will there be a house survey to determine it's value?

I re-mortgaged with them last year (I stayed with them) and they did not go through a credit check or anything, they just asked some questions and processed the remortgage. It was painless!

Thanks

FB

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In answer to your questions yes. New borrowing, new application. Procedures to be followed.

Switching product with an existing lender is not remortgaging. This requires no checks.
  • flamingblade
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response!

Their website says that they can lend up to 85% of the value. Does anyone know if this will this require a survey and will I have to pay for it?
  • star02
    star02 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    When I borrowed more with Santander I accepted their desktop valuation of the property (which was slightly less than I thought) but enough for me to borrow what I needed without going over the limit for additional borrowing.

All I then needed to do was upload proof of income (copy payslips)
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Their website says that they can lend up to 85% of the value. Does anyone know if this will this require a survey and will I have to pay for it?

Depends how close you are to the threshold. If the lender considers there to be more than sufficient equity probably not.
  • flamingblade
    Options
    I see, thanks all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills