* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks MURIE and TREASUREQUEEN, 7 down now, just 5 to go! MURIE hope you're enjoying a bit of peace with one less person in the house. How's Mylie/Bailey? Still looking at kittens and DH is still resisting. I keep showing him little beauties and telling him their sad stories but he's resisting. He isn't really a cat person. Have shown him some dogs too but nearly all the ones on the rescue sites have issues (understandably) like barking a lot, not liking other dogs, not being able to be with small children, etc., or need to be homed with an existing stable dog or can't live with cats and I'm not giving up on the kitten one day. Never mind I shall plod on.

TREASUREQUEEN there's a link quite a few pages back about uploading photos through Photobucket. It's pretty straightforward but I still have to look at the guide every time. Glad they liked the hamper though sorry to hear about the ME. It's probably because you're relaxed now after the build up and working hard to get everything done. I think these things often hit you when you slow down. Hope you soon get your mojo back.

FREE sorry to hear about the migraine, hope it's well on it's way out now.

Well I'm panicking now I won't have my jingle bells challenge ready on time. DH cut out the new seat for me and I've painted it to match the chair. I've finally decided on the wording but I need to get a proper little brush to paint the letters on the chair so I think I'll have to get shopping tomorrow! I'm a bit worried about painting the letters but I figure if it goes horribly wrong I can just rub it down and paint over it. Oh and I need my bells and thin ribbon to arrive but at least they're on the way!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nitnurse-not2
    Options
    Hi all,

Well, I have been so busy this year, gadding about for my 50th celebrations but they are coming to a close.
    I have a party at my home on Saturday with my work pals then away too see the giraffes in Blackpool the week after.

I think its time for a rest and catch my breath before y trip to Turkey the end of October.:o:o

I have been quite engrossed in my BuJo too and I'm enjoying that greatly.:)
    I have not achieved the monthly challenge but instead, I have added to the stash.

My DS1 is very difficult to buy for but I found a lovely Adidas zip up hoody at York designer outlet reduced from £69 to £36. I had remembered to get the 10 o\o off card from the information centre so further reduced by another £3.60. Bargain!!!!!:j:j:j

I also picked up a lovely ring for DD for £8 in the Swarovski shop. Reduced from almost £30.:D:D

I have no more birthdays this year to get gifts for so full steam ahead to Christmas although there is not a lot to buy and the food is well in hand. The stash is growing well there too.

Good wished to all and healthy vibes coming your way.

xxx
    Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible:j
    Christmas is not a time but a state of mind :xmassmile
    Trying.....Very trying- as my DH would say :whistle:
    Loving de-cluttering :heart:
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, the blooming postman did it again this morning, left DS christmas present on the doorstep and didnt knock, it was lucky i was putting some recycling out that i saw it otherwise it would have been out there all day :mad: Migraine finally gone yayy

PEPPAPIG im so glad your chemo went ahead today you are on the home straight now :j Please dont panic about the craft project, we arent going to banish you from the thread :rotfl:it will be ready when its ready

MURIE i hope your headache has gone too! I hope DD and BF have a lovely few days.

VULPIX ooh that is how i do gammon for boxing day lunch, coca cola or cherry coke sometimes

TREASUREQUEEN aww glad they liked their hamper, i hope you can have a quiet few days and get your strength back

NITNURSE glad you are still enjoying your celebrations, you must be exhausted :D

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Free.. Poor you, hope you have kicked its !!! by now:)

Poppa.. Yay to your news :j

Nit.. I kept my golden anniversary vey quiet, wondering if it was the correct thing judging by your celebrations:)

Looking for suggestions. As you know, I have been (on behalf of charity I got involved with) helping a single mum. Dropped off a gift card today, as her benefits were stopped, because she had not let them know her new address, they actually wrote to her at her new address to tell her this:rotfl: Anyway, she didn't ask, but I also gave her some cash so she can sort out uniforms, she was so grateful, had been panicking, especially as she doesn't know when she will have her benefits reinstated. While I was driving home I was thinking, correction decided, that I will sort out something for the children for Christmas. Have ordered hoodies, hats, scarves & gloves, which I know will be appreciated by mum, but would like to get other things. Any suggestions for 8 & 13 yr old boys? They are like their mum, grateful rather than wanting, so there is scope for practical & pleasure.

Finished my cakes, :j. Ordered new carpet for living room, hung new curtains which was an experience, could not get my brain to engage on how to get them hung so that both pairs were falling the same way. Not as if it were my first time, think the lesson is not to do it in hot weather :rotfl:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2016 at 8:26AM
    Options
    Here's my jingle bell craft https://www.flickr.com/photos/79719964@N04/29247647392/in/dateposted-public/

Its a repurposed wooden spoon, too big for the Christmas tree (which I didn't consider til after I had made it!) but will do as a festive hangar on the fridge.( I didn't have any red paint so I used nail varnish!)
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • murie
    edited 31 August 2016 at 9:16AM
    Options
    Peppa- glad you had your chemo yesterday x
    As for as the kitten search there was almost a 'kitten free to good home' here this morning! DH is up in his shed 'tidying things into the correct order' ( he is more than a tad OCD about tidiness!), so I thought I would paint over the area on the wall that I have tested various shades of grey paint on ( I don't like the greys now they are on so need to cover it up with the original paint colour). Mr Naughty kitten thought it was hilarious to watch me paint then bat at the wet paint- result? Kitten paint paw prints all over the carpet! Im used to the dog being a walking paint chart but I didn't factor in that a kitten would try be become the next Salvador Dahli ! Little bu**er ran off leaving small paw prints everywhere! Revenge will be mine though cus next week he is going to be snipped!
    Seriously though keep working on DH and he may just crack in the end- mine did!

GTQ- that's lovely of you, those are very good ideas for presents, they will never go amiss. What about making them one of your cakes?
    lovin' this site!
  • murie
    Options
    Nit-nursenot 2- sounds like you need a bit of downtime to recharge your batteries before you start again! Those are good bargains and your stash sounds to be building up x

free- hopefully they will have a good few days, although DD txt me last night that she wasn't feeling very well (may have been too much sun on top of car travel which she isn't the best at). I hate it when postmen/women and delivery men/women do things like that, but good job you noticed it. Glad your migraine has finally left you in peace, my headache has gone too thank goodness.
    lovin' this site!
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2016 at 1:01PM
    Options
    Murie, I love your spoon - looks great. I have made a Xmas stocking for the challenge, I had planned to make a placemat but when I looked out the fabric it was too narrow for a placemat. If you look closely you will see that there are bells on the pattern.

I've not been thinking of Xmas lately ( not like me) but my ch boiler was changed last week and it was a horrendous week. The whole house was chaotic and it's only now I'm getting back to normal now.

I hope this link works xx

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=102ukvr&s=9
    I must have missed a step 'cos last time I did this there was a picture
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j HIYA!
    Sorry I have been missing, DD is back at school tomorrow so we have been trying to make the most of every day we had left. We have been to Ingleton Falls in North Yorkshire and completed the 7km walk, we also went to Ainsdale beach yesterday, we have watched an England basketball match too. We have had a great time as hubby been off too. We have been so busy.
    I am loving the pictures of the crafts! Well done everybody. Mine just needs a little tweaking so I am hoping to post the picture later.
    Hubby goes back to work tomorrow. DS is not back to school until monday so I am taking him out for lunch and spending some quality time with him tomorrow. May even manage to get him to try some new clothes on lol
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2016 at 1:45PM
    Options
    xf5g75.jpg

Hi, just figured out what I had done wrong, so here's my Xmas stocking. I had to sew the toe and heel in different fabric at the green fabric was too narrow. I bought the fabric for $1 when I visited New York 10 years ago. I'm so glad now that I kept the fabric all these years xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure