specialoffers@store.currys.co.uk- Spam Emails HELP

I have done a search and cannot believe I am the only one getting these incessant emails - I have tried blocking/unsubscribing/ reported them as phishing emails over the past few weeks and still I am getting them - I have tried everything and am sick seeing them! Anyone else having this problem? I have hotmail and up until now have had no issues blocking/unsubscribing but this one is proving troublesome!:mad::mad::mad:
Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!

Comments

• mgsteveb
    mgsteveb Posts: 33 Forumite
    Me too. Exactly the same. Blocked, registered as spam and set rules in outlook and I still get them
  • topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mgsteveb wrote: »
    Me too. Exactly the same. Blocked, registered as spam and set rules in outlook and I still get them

Thanks for responding, it has to have come from a comp...hoping someone will be able to advise how to stop emails?
    Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!
  • mgsteveb
    edited 19 August 2016 at 12:31PM
    log into outlook hotmail on the pc. Select mail, press sweep, check box to delete all future emails. It deleted all the ones in my inbox. Now lets see if it works?
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i'm getting the same with click-offers
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • mgsteveb
    Just to say guys 2 days without one Junk Spam email from currys special offers. I don't think this is currys but mail was mared as morrisons, match and more etc.

mgsteveb wrote: »
    log into outlook hotmail on the pc. Select mail, press sweep, check box to delete all futere emails. It deleted all the ones in my inbox. Now lets see if it works?
  • I've had this and managed to block most on outlook, you have to find the email they send from and block the end part and not the whole email (as they change the beginning part with different numbers) so try and just block a selection of the emails they send from, like @currysoffers.com @localoffers.com that kind of thing.
  • mgsteveb wrote: »
    log into outlook hotmail on the pc. Select mail, press sweep, check box to delete all future emails. It deleted all the ones in my inbox. Now lets see if it works?

the 'sweep' worked for me too - thanks I was starting to pull my hair out until I saw your message and tried it. I too had pressed every unsubscribe link, tried blocking, and forwarded the emails to complain - with no luck whatsover, it was wasting so much of my time every day. They still come through and go straight to my junk folder but thats fine

:D
  • Hi,

Just got one too, I just hit junk.
  • sentinel418
    sentinel418 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2017 at 12:27AM
    The reason could be that it's actually paid spamming by Currys to Microsoft, as they only have the authority to bypass the end user's Blocked Sender's list, as I've added the sender's email address into Outlook's section for blocking rather than just marking it as Junk. Your junk folder will fill up forever more if you keep doing that.

Again, I think Currys has paid Microsoft to allow it to spam end users, as we all know that it likes to use spout banner ads now within Outlook and I guess this their next step paid spamming to bypass Blocked Sender's list I think?

I'm going to contact Microsoft to find out if this is true and, if so, I will let them know what I think of their crap service!

Not even unsubscribing from future emails stops it, as they just keep coming...!

Here's Curry's customer contact email address to add your disgust in getting junk emails from them and, if not, then they need to get Microsoft to take action against that spammer.

customer.services@currys.co.uk
  • Sentinel, just because the messages appear to come from "@store.currys.co.uk" doesn't mean that Currys have anything to do with it. Why would Currys want to alienate thousands of potential customers by sending them spam that, from my experience, doesn't even promote the chain itself?!

And the chances of there being some kind of paid collusion whereby Microsoft grant Currys special "spamming" privileges are pretty much zero. These spam mails breach direct marketing legislation - Microsoft would not be in the business of supporting illegal marketing, no matter how much they were being paid.

It is easy to configure email to appear to come from any sender address. It's far more likely that Currys is an innocent victim here, having its name besmirched by a spambot configured to send emails that ostensibly come from a household name in the hope of giving them some credibility.

All Microsoft can do is advance their spam detection algorithms so these emails never get through, or at the very least are junked on arrival. As annoying as this spam is, contacting Microsoft or (and especially) Currys about this is just a waste of your time and theirs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure