Question about I.P.A please

2»

Comments

• Daisy4567
    Daisy4567 Posts: 218 Forumite
    Who is Clarke Wilmott? We're being controlled by The Insolvency Service x
    When looking at the climb in front of you, don't forget to look back once in a while and see how far you have come:j
    and remember...
    All the worrying in the world won't change anything...so breathe:beer:
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Daisy4567 wrote: »

If you are given an IPA they are the IS's agents charged with collecting the money.

It was Moonbeaver for a couple of years, which led to some hilarity with the name.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Daisy4567 wrote: »

Gosh I'm so sorry, I forgot you're only early on in all of this. Clarke Willmott is the company you pay your IPA to. You will receive a letter from them detailing how you pay your money, and which day etc they need it. My IPA started around 6 weeks after becoming bankrupt.

It can be a bit confusing trying to work out who does what. Sometimes Clarke-Willmott have asked me for copies of bank statements etc and passed them straight on to the OR. No idea why I can't just send them direct! When I received a tax rebate (sob!) I had to pay it to the Insolvency Service, not Clarke Willmott. Very confusing!!
  • Daisy4567
    Thank you. I can't provide bank statements as we don't have them. They are all online. I have told our Caseworker this and she was fine with this. The same goes for my Credit Card. I also can't print them off as, although we do have a printer at home, we don't have any ink and it's too expensive to replace. I told our Caseworker this too and she was fine with that.

Can I just take this moment guys, to thank you all for your continued support, advice and input. I am so grateful for all of you xx
    When looking at the climb in front of you, don't forget to look back once in a while and see how far you have come:j
    and remember...
  • cam6278
    cam6278 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Daisy.
    Can i ask how long you had to wait to hear from the OR following your court date.
    I was in court Friday just gone at 9 but still have not heard a peep from anyone.
  • Daisy4567
    Hi Cam, we were in Court on Thursday 13th and we heard from our OR that afternoon. She made an appointment for our phone interview for 24th Aug. it would have been closer to the Court date but she was away on holiday.

We were told in court that if we hadn't heard from our OR by lunchtime the following day, to give them a ring.
    and remember...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family