iSoftStone

Comments

271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2014 at 3:23PM
    Actually ignore.. logged out and back in and all is working again.

Edit.. it is happening again.. first couple of queries I get feedback for, then it stops?
  • stephs0801
    stephs0801 Posts: 16 Forumite
    271906 wrote: »
    Actually ignore.. logged out and back in and all is working again.

Edit.. it is happening again.. first couple of queries I get feedback for, then it stops?

Same here. I'm answering two of the queries then returning to the dashboard and clicking 'start judging' again.

I'm also noticing some of the queries contradict the examples.
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    271906 wrote: »

It's been like this for me all day. Have rated over 150 queries, and only saw a "correct answer" pop-up once.

I was actually more concerned by the fact that when I logged in this morning, my HitApps had gone back up to 229. Despite the fact that I already did around 80 of them yesterday. So, basically, I've had to do the entire lot again. Only 57 left to go now, though.. Assuming it hasn't reverted back to 229 AGAIN the next time I log in, of course. (Did email the project manager about this, BTW, but don't think he's got back to me yet.. Was also planning to mention the pop-up thing when I contact him again later to let him know I've finished).
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2014 at 4:27PM
    Huh, I've got the same thing too. I did a fair few yesterday and now I've got the same as you which I think is more than there were to begin with.

Edit: also no pop ups. Are you answers being logged in your reports?
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    extraJam wrote: »

My Report does seem to show that my judgments have been recorded as valid or invalid, but obviously without knowing what/why I got some wrong, it's impossible to learn from it.
  • I have just joined MSE and have seen this thread. Is there another thread that someone can point me to so I can understand what these Jobs are for?? Many thanks
  • extraJam
    Hi Meggles, it's hard to give too much detail in an open forum about what the job involves because of non-disclosure agreements, but basically you look at search results and 'judge' how well they meet user expectations. This is the job listing we all applied for: http://issworld.isoftstone.com/JobDescription/tabid/104/jobid/136/title/Search%20Engine%20Evaluator%20-%20United%20Kingdom/Default.aspx?language=en-US
    There are also three other companies, Lionbridge, Leapforce, and Appen Butler-Hill that offer similar positions.
  • MallRat
    Huh, I've got the same thing too. I did a fair few yesterday and now I've got the same as you which I think is more than there were to begin with.

It seems to have logged everything I did on both days. So 308 in total. As I got 73% correct overall, I'm hoping this means I've passed?!
    Meggles86 wrote: »
    I have just joined MSE and have seen this thread. Is there another thread that someone can point me to so I can understand what these Jobs are for?? Many thanks

This is probably the main link you need. If you select UK as country, you can then click on the individual roles. (Assuming you're in the UK, of course.) :)
  • extraJam
    What! Now I have double the queries again. This is really strange.
  • MallRat
    What! Now I have double the queries again. This is really strange.

Just noticed the latest email instructing us to stop working on it. I really hope this doesn't mean having to do the whole thing again. :angry:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback