The Great 'best free online workouts' Hunt

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 19 September 2013 at 5:53PM in Freebies (no spend required)
The Great 'best free online workouts' Hunt

Lots of fitness companies, especially those in the United States, let you stream free workout sessions. You can get celebrity trainers' programmes, including Gwyneth Paltrow's, on Youtube, and others often give you one week free in the hope you'll subscribe. What are your faves?

Click 'reply' below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren't sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• londonlydia
    Options
    Youtube is bubbling over with free workouts. Personally I like ZuzkaLight channel, where the legendary Zuzka broke out from BodyRock (to which there is a huge online following).
  • goteamliz
    Options
    Really like the Lionsgate BeFit channel - tonnes of different workouts including yoga, pilates, dance workouts, cardio/fat burning and great little express 10 min workouts.
  • oldvicar
    oldvicar Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    Not actually online, but free and with real human encouragement another good way to improve fitness can be found at www.parkrun.org.uk . Thousands participate every week.

Don't be put off if you're not (yet) an elite athlete. Recent research has shown that older people and the (initially) overweight are particularly well represented groups at park run, as well as the young and svelte of course.

I've participated for the past 3 weeks, from a rather unfit starting point, and despite the ignominy of being "final finisher" in my week 2 can confirm it's great fun.
  • aliilapp
    Options
    Although this is an american site geared towards bodybuilding (and selling supplements) I find it fantastic for motivation and great workout programme. It is not all about getting really muscly either. Fit is the new skinny!
  • MerlinMags
    Options
    I'm really excited by everything I read about 'interval training' - it seems research has proved you can get fit in less time.

I still do a traditional workout when I can, but when I'm short on time (or starving and need to exercise before I fill my belly) I try this:
    http://lifehacker.com/this-7-minute-research-based-workout-exercises-your-wh-498676327
  • Curly
    Curly Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.6weeksixpack.com/

The best one I have ever used. They send you an email with a work out for six weeks and tell you what to eat.

There starting one on Monday so if you want a go sign up. They also do a competition for the best transformation

And no spam
    If you want to get with me there's some things you got to know,
    I like my beats fast and my base down low
  • gentleorange
    gentleorange Posts: 1,827 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Youtube is bubbling over with free workouts. Personally I like ZuzkaLight channel, where the legendary Zuzka broke out from BodyRock (to which there is a huge online following).

Meh. I thought Zuzka was better on Bodyrock. She kind of bores me now. I don't like Bodyrock anymore either!

Here is a truly awesome Gangnam Style workout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TyPemAJCQI

And here is old school Fonda (you have to put the videos in a playlist to play the whole thing continuously) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lTkx1FXC0

I have niche tastes...
  • bluecanoe
    bluecanoe Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try sparkpeople.com for a variety of short fitness videos for strength, cardio or abs etc. The site also offers a free daily calorie tracker, a fitness tracker and healthy recipes. It is American based and encourages a community approach to healthy living. You can sign up for a daily motivational e-mail if you wish. :j :j :j
  • Daisy89
    Daisy89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    30 day shred by jillian michaels is brilliant and really works! But it works you hard!!!:rotfl:
    Started comping: Dec 08 :)
    Recent WINS: AEGON Classic tickets, face pack.
    I would like to win in 2014: Money (any!), festival tickets, any wedding stuff and a hotel stay/holiday!
  • chizzla
    Options
    FitnessBlender .com is the one I use; they have probably hundreds of vids on there and is it completely free. Many of them are equipment free as well.

They do fitness programs that you do have to pay for but they're very cheap!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure