'Lanzarote Travel Guide' book giveaway

Options
Giveaway started 20 Aug 2013

What's this about?
We've blagged 25 copies of Marco Polo's Lanzarote Travel Guide for MoneySavers planning a trip to this Spanish island. The RRP is £5.99, but you can buy it for £4.49 at Amazon.

wtd_icon.gif What to do
If you're interested, just reply to this (click on 'post reply') and say:

"I wanna be abroad"

To do this you need to be registered for the Forum (if you're not, when you click reply you'll be taken through the process. It's free, of course).

APPEAL: Please ONLY reply to this thread if you will check your private messages to see if you've won a copy NEXT week. If you don't get in contact promptly you won't receive a copy and if there are any remaining books they'll be given away.

But bear in mind 75 names are being picked and there are only 25 books (because sadly not everyone gets in touch, so doing it this way helps to speed up the administration process), so you'll have to get in quick.

Also, please DON'T email in, as your name won't be counted. Nor include your contact details in this thread as, for your own safety, we don't allow personal details on the public forum so your post may be deleted.

This giveaway appears in the weekly email (if you don't already get the email go to www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips) and will close at 10am on Wed 28 Aug, so please get your posts in before then.

wtd_icon.gif More about this book
The book's blurb...

"Marco Polo Lanzarote introduces you to a unique travel destination. The fourth largest of the Canary Islands was created from fiery eruptions and has been shaped by volcanism more than any of its neighbours. It suggests places to go for breath-taking views, peaceful fishing villages, towns full of colonial architecture and bustling holiday resorts in which you can enjoy a whole range of activities from water sports to hiking and mountain biking.

The Insider Tips reveal where you can eat the best fish at sunset and why you should definitely visit the subterranean Cueva de los Verdes. To help you get around there’s a detailed road atlas, useful maps of Arrecife and Puerto del Carmen in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map."

Lanzarote.jpg

How will the people be chosen?

25 people will be picked at random (we've a special little computer programme to do it) and a private message will be sent to each of their winning usernames requesting their USERNAME, FULL NAME and ADDRESS details (there'll be an email address to send this information to, we don't want it done via private messages).

The FIRST 25 people to get back to me will win a copy of the book.

The giveaway has a strict one entry per household policy and entries can be deemed ineligible without any explanation or notification.

When will I get the book?

The publisher providing these books will send them out directly though, to aid administration, this won't happen until all 25 winners have provided their name and address. So it may take several weeks between the giveaway's end and actual receipt. This thread will be updated to let winners know when they have been sent out.

wtd_icon.gifRelated MoneySaving guides
Whether you win a book or not, take a look at the following MoneySaving guides for related info:

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]

Comments

• Louiseoc
    Louiseoc Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
    Wins - Fairy, Case of Prime In 2023 win more than £2023/£70 Win Totals 2013 £3331 / 2014 £4815 / 2015 £3067 / 2016 £5617 / 2017 - 2022 £4036
  • sillysally00
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
  • hannahp
    hannahp Posts: 930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wanna be abroad
    :happylove Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. :happylove
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • bugsbunny22
    bugsbunny22 Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
  • ljp88
    ljp88 Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
  • dodge1988
    dodge1988 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I wanna be abroad
    5 tickets to billy smarts circus, body shop body butter, pringles party pack, art 2 D2 art book, peppa pig blow up chair, lip balm, mascara,hunter celing fan, tody and teedy book, 6 tickets to chessington, bubble guppies toys, giant disney puzzle, nail varnish and 3d candy,car sunshades, special k bars,large box of oat cakes,since april 2013
  • bluebubblerose
    Options
    "I wanna be abroad"
  • jolum58
    jolum58 Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    " I wanna be abroad"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing