We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can you do maths and English under pressure?

Options
Former_MSE_Debs
Former_MSE_Debs Posts: 890 Forumite
edited 14 August 2013 at 8:29AM in MoneySaving polls
You can't right proper English under presure. Nor can you do simple maths, apparently. See how you fare spotting mistakes and doing quick, mental maths in these timed tests to see whether you can cope:

Update by Martin...

Right, I tried this and on my first go I got all the way through the maths test with just one mistake (grrrrrrrrrrr should've focused). However, on the English test - my weak area - I started faltering substantially at level 5. Let me know how you do below.

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]

Comments

• SandraScarlett
    Options
    :j:j:j Well I got through to the end with the Maths test, but faltered with the English at Level 6. :o But I got there/their/they're ;) in the end. :)

xx
  • Sparhawke
    Sparhawke Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2013 at 12:01AM
    Options
    MSE_Debs wrote: »
    You can't right proper English under presure. Nor can you do simple maths, apparently. See how you fare spotting mistakes and doing quick, mental maths in these timed tests to see whether you can cope:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

My biggest problem in these is that I do know what is right or wrong but my hands have a hard time deciding which one is going to take the lead; it is the same thing in touch typing where you simply press f & j, I know what I want to press but my hands will not respond.

In conclusion, I failed miserably.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
  • lollipopsarah
    Options
    Got busted on level 8 maths - too tired to concentrate
    The english was too fast after a long shift at work.
    xx
  • pogg000
    pogg000 Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    finished the maths test tonight, will tackle english tese tomorrow when im a little less under the infuence :p
    lbm 11/06/12 dept total 11499.47
  • Sneezy
    Sneezy Posts: 570 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2013 at 7:34AM
    Options
    Got up to level 8 in the maths (the algebra which I can do on paper very easier surprised me by being in mental maths - even the simple stuff!)

Edit - I just tried it again and got through to level 10 (must have just been the initial surprise that meant I failed on the first try)

I'm on my phone at the min so it's not as responsive as it could be so will try the English when I get home (getting there, their and they're wrong is one of my pet hates so it should be interesting to say the least...)
    Using my phone to post - apologies in advance for any typos
  • ChelseaGirl
    ChelseaGirl Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Options
    Library Disco :D
  • ChelseaGirl
    ChelseaGirl Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Options
    Maths Party - eventually... ;)
  • itsraininghere
    Options
    Eventually all social events were attended. Abnosome, though adrenaline-pumping, work. I love a test.
  • backnerak
    Options
    I just can't press the right button - if I know the answer on the right is correct my left finger kicks in!
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed the maths okay although I did have to repeat a couple of the later levels, thought the 'x' in the simple algebra equation was a multiplication symbol at first :D
    2020 Wins:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family