Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    help with 2007 credit card debit
    • #1
    • 17th Feb 13, 2:15 PM
    help with 2007 credit card debit 17th Feb 13 at 2:15 PM
    Hi all. When I was 18 i did the stupid thing of getting a credit card with barclaycard. it had a 1000 limit on it and basically i was very immature and used the whole 1000.
    Now obviously they wanted their money back but i was on JSA, I no longer am on JSA but only earn 160 a month as i work part time+ have to pay+ 90 car insurance. which leaves me with very little money to live on.
    I live with my parents and have since lived in a few addresses, so I offered barclaycard to pay back 15 a month until the debt was paid off. They refused and told me they wanted a minimum of 200 a month paid back until it was paid off. I sent them my wageslips and hours and explained it was impossible for me to pay them back more than I earned and they knew this as I put it in my annual income when applying for the card.
    Since a few years i didn't hear anything about it..then yesterday i got a letter from henleys law on behalf of barclaycard demainding the total of 999.99 saying they are now going to apply for a CCJ against me.
    What can I do as this is my parents house and I already offered barclaycard a solution
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

195Posts Today

1,193Users online

Martin's Twitter