Have you done your Christmas shopping yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• FeistyFidget
    FeistyFidget Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got lots of 'tat' from the boots 50% sale ;)

Difference is, I selected each gift with a recipient in mind, so come December, I won't be grabbing any old thing because I'm running out of time ;)
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    I got lots of 'tat' from the boots 50% sale ;)

Difference is, I selected each gift with a recipient in mind, so come December, I won't be grabbing any old thing because I'm running out of time ;)

I thought it was common knowledge that Christmas = TAT ;)
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Options
    Calm down dears!
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cats2012 wrote: »
    I understand being money saving, but I put effort into choosing really personal presents for all birthdays and Christmas, so stocking up from Boots etc in the sales just doesn't work for me.

I might buy some bits across the year, but only if it's the perfect present - an "I saw this and thought of you moment"

I must admit I have done this in the past but I have stopped doing it now.

I started to worry that the person I give it to might decide to take it back to Boots after christmas as an unwanted gift and find out it is a year old!
  • RandomRainy
    Options
    I don't have any money left over to spend!

Also, people tend to show up at Christmas and disappear just after, think I will be drastically lowering the amount I spend this year!
  • Elizabeth_C
    Options
    As there is just my mother and I, we buy each other a Christmas and birthday present when we see something we want, not necessarily at the correct time. I have bought my cards for 2013 though.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I must admit I have done this in the past but I have stopped doing it now.

I started to worry that the person I give it to might decide to take it back to Boots after christmas as an unwanted gift and find out it is a year old!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'll never forget the year my best friend's mum gave her a pair of M&S slippers but they didn't fit so my friend took them back and they were so old they couldn't even find them on their back stock lists. Gave us a laugh though.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Options
    I've bought cards and wrapping paper, plus a few gifts that I'm sure will last and will still be loved and relevant next year. I also stocked up on Christmas craft bits in the sale so I can make things for next year in good time.

My favourite gift so far is a stocking full of earrings (Christmassy and regular) for my mum. There's no way I could afford that in December, but when they're all a pound or less and on 3 for 2 it's doable and my mum will love it.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport