Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Dec 12, 1:07 PM
    • 11,948Posts
    • 213,894Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Encouraged Learning In Trading Excellence
    • 7th Dec 12, 1:07 PM
    Encouraged Learning In Trading Excellence 7th Dec 12 at 1:07 PM
    'Think of the thread as a tree, many branches to it, and not all of us, need all the branches, but we do need the tree!' - midwinter

New overflow thread for 11+ers

THE FOLLOWING IS COPIED FROM ORIGINAL FIRST POST ON PREVIOUS THREAD

This is yet another bargain/glitch/DTD/JTD/misprice thread!

We know it's in the 'Gone But Not Forgotten' section!

We know there are at least 2 other threads in which we could post!

Yes, we do talk a lot!

No, not all of what we say is Tesco related or even of interest to many others but this is the way this thread has formed.

Many of us want to discuss the various deals to be had but this was not appreciated on the main Grabbit forum. As such, we now use this thread to talk about anything from how to cook a baked potato to how to get 1p or 4p items through self-scan as quickly as possible. We also discuss ex-husbands and wives, kids and animals. If you have a medical problem we'll nag you until you go to the Doctor. If you're not feeling well we'll provide support, a wee hot drink and whatever chocolate is currently glitching to cheer you up.

And finally, yes we know that some people try to obscure the store names but this works both ways. It might make it difficult for those who don't have the time to sit here and natter all day but it also makes it difficult for staff/managers to quickly identify any issues at their store.

We do try to remember to post new deals in bold. We don't like arguing so we're not going to take umbrage if one or two deals slip through.

Now sit back, relax and feel free to join in. We don't bite (unless you ask nicely), we will help wherever possible and you don't have to post new deals just to feel like part of the group.

Please put all your finds in bold with LAST 4 DIGITS OF barcode and photo if possible so we can chat & still speed read for bargains.

Common abbreviations:

MOC: Money Off Coupon
    SEL: Shelf Edge Label
    DTD: Double the Difference
    JTD: Just the Difference
    RTC: Reduced to Clear
    OOD: Out Of Date
    CC: Clubcard or Credit Card, depends on context
    HTH: Hope That Helps
    SA: Sales Assistant
    CS: Customer Services
    DD: Darling Daughter
    DS: Darling Son
    OH: Other Half
    DH: Darling Husband
    ETA : Estimated Time of Arrival
    TIA: Thanks In Anticipation
    GBP: Great Britain Pound (some people cant get the £ sign to work, or have keyboards set up in "bilingual" mode)
    Trout: is the expression used by people on here for cashiers of a certain age, usually female, that are miserable for the sake of being miserable, unhappy in their work, jealous of people with mocs and do their level best to prevent anyone using coupons...try your very best to avoid them at the checkouts..... (thanks to myrtleturtle on the coupon thread for this)
    T.i.T.: Trout-in-Training
    S10CT: stupid 10 character thing.
    Womble: A discarded receipt that you picked up
    Uncle Bulgaria: A womble of BIG value

Orinocco - A very small womble (i.e. not worth putting into the APG site)

Link to location of Tesco scanners thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...esco+scanner+l

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS BY THE SCANNERS!!! Please do not give the staff extra work by leaving your unwanted scanned items - stores will be loathe to repair or replace scanners if they make extra work for staff!

Tesco Head Office Phone Numbers in case you have a problem at the Customer Service Desk: 0800505555 and 01382822700

Here's the link to Tesco Customer Services:
    https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html

If you still have a valid problem that can't be resolved by the store or Head Office here is the e-mail address of the Chief Executive - Please use it wisely!
    philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Freephone number for Asda Customer Service: 0800 952 0101

Link to Snap-ant's 11+ers Daily quiz!
    http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Please note that we don't supply copies of coupons, it's against MSE rules so please don't ask. Legitimate coupons can be found on the coupon thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3840565
    The PDF coupons can be saved to your computer as sometimes they get pulled early

This is the link for HappyChappy’s Guide to Uploading Photos to the thread. Also includes instructions for ipad and iphone.
    http://www.bearsland.co.uk/happychappy/

neosi's snap tool in Adobe reader guide:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=9213

And OldBear's guide to cost-effective coupon printing:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=9388

Miss Laids Top List of under 20p items for a comparable shop:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=2955

lookinforabargain's Guide to how to print coupons from SuperSavvyMe
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=3372

The list of who we all are and where we lurk in real life can be found here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...25&postcount=2

This is the link to the Daily Mail article regarding 1p finds:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-just-1p.html

Big thanks to wackynut for the below summary of the T&Cs for each supermarket's price comparison service (further detail added by aau1)

Asda Price Guarantee (APG)
    A's compares with - T's, S’s, M's and W's.
    Comparative prices are taken from mysupermarket.co.uk
    You need to have bought at least 8 items covered by the Asda Price Guarantee, of which at least 1 should be comparable.
    Note some departments do not count towards your required 8 items (see FAQs for info)
    No minimum spend. Maximun of 10 of the same product.
    Wait 3 hours after after shopping at A's before using the APG.
    A's give you the difference plus 10%
    APG now capped at £15.
    Each household will not be able to claim more than £100 in any calendar month, nor make more than 10 claims in any calendar month.
    Click here for APG T&Cs http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/...onditions.aspx
    click here for APC FAQs http://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/...d-answers.aspx

Tescos Price Promise (PP)
    T's compares with - A's, S’s and M's
    You need to have bought at least 8 different items, of which at least 1 should be comparable.
    Unlike Asda there do not appear to be excluded departments
    Bag re-use has been proven to count as one of your 8 items
    No minimum spend. Maximun of 10 of the same product.
    Enter receipt details and get result within 24hrs.
    Voucher back capped at £10
    Click here for Price Promise FAQs
    https://www.tescopricepromise.com/Home/FAQ
    and
    https://www.tescopricepromise.com/TermsConditions

Sainsburys Brand Match (BM)
    S's compares with - A's and T's
    Only one comparable branded product needs to be bought.
    You need to spend a minimun of £20.
    Maximun of 10 of the same product.
    Voucher given at till (even self service tills).
    Voucher back capped at £10
    If you want to check/query how your BM was calculated then click HERE the following day
    https://www.sainsburys-live-well-for...k/brand-match/

CHANGES TO TESCO'S PRICE CHECK**

For those who don't know, Tesco have recently moved their goal posts re: Price Check/Price Promise. Your shop must now contain at least 1 comparable grocery product and at least 8 different items in total.

So if you're targeting a small JTD shop, then here are some cheap and cheerful items to bulk up your shop: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4424

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

Page 71
  • no coupon no purchase
    no coupon no purchase remove link asap before someone prints and uses before u
    Originally posted by newbie1980

OPPPPSSS I did not realise it would put a link on or even imagine someone from here would steal my voucher. Have I removed it now thought I was helping by showing the finest sausage and coke comparision and being roud of my first ever womble
    Started Saving in 2012!!!

Savings with Coupons £100.49 & Freebies £349.41 (I have lost track now but its a huge amount)

Sealed pot challenge number 1912 No target let's just see
    • sally06
    • By sally06 9th Dec 12, 10:14 PM
    • 4,107 Posts
    • 45,124 Thanks
    sally06
    I love a good womble, its a rare week when I'm not £15 better off due to womble's
    Originally posted by Miss Laid
    wow! that's amazing I really must try harder. LOL
    • Shortfatscotsbloke
    • By Shortfatscotsbloke 9th Dec 12, 10:14 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 56,637 Thanks
    Shortfatscotsbloke
    Oh no, have done 2 now, might have to do a Dave Morton!!

Too late, it is far too early to be talking about such things..
    Last edited by Shortfatscotsbloke; 09-12-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Bad timing
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 9th Dec 12, 10:16 PM
    • 1,738 Posts
    • 22,039 Thanks
    newbie1980
    OPPPPSSS I did not realise it would put a link on or even imagine someone from here would steal my voucher. Have I removed it now thought I was helping by showing the finest sausage and coke comparision and being roud of my first ever womble
    Originally posted by no coupon no purchase
    yes you were being very helpful and please carry on
    you just dont know who is lurking behind the scenes to nab you hard earned pennies
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Dec 12, 10:17 PM
    • 12,736 Posts
    • 208,514 Thanks
    zippydooda
    He has school tomorrow so might have gone to bed I'll text him for you

I dont even know what "iss" is
    Originally posted by QPR10
    international space station
    thanks QPR
    It is great news about zippy. God can you imagine him as a granddad... 'If Carlsberg done Grandfathers.... he would be Zippy'.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    baby boy 14/10/15 6lb 12oz
    • pattylabelle
    • By pattylabelle 9th Dec 12, 10:17 PM
    • 7,415 Posts
    • 150,363 Thanks
    pattylabelle
    Me thinks that a certain vertically challenged, large tummied male born in Glasgow may have got it slightly incorrect..
    Originally posted by Shortfatscotsbloke
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Dec 12, 10:18 PM
    • 21,867 Posts
    • 267,204 Thanks
    davemorton
    Theres a few people nearly doing me lately, I'll have to be careful. :roll:
    • HopePray
    • By HopePray 9th Dec 12, 10:19 PM
    • 1,963 Posts
    • 30,239 Thanks
    HopePray
    I had PM'd you, but glad to see you had seen newbies post, you just never can tell what folks would do.
    12/01/14 Diet diet diet, another year, another new start. 12/28 lbs.
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 9th Dec 12, 10:19 PM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 62,050 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I was undoing some trolleys one day when a nice lady asked me if I was ok and if I needed help with that. I said that I had just dropped my little coin and was trying to find it (of course this was a white lie). It was the worst thing in the world I could have said - she proceeded to try to help me find it and i couldn't get rid of her!!!

In the end I said "oh it is ok I have lots of those coins anyway i will just leave it" Off I goes and waited until she left the area- back in I go for the kill....a juicy big uncle.

Such a good natured person she was but a barrier to wombling
    Originally posted by pattylabelle
    similar sort of thing happened to me today, shop was just about closing time and i was just entering the store and saw a nice long receipt in a small trolly so went for it but as i did a guy got hold of the handle at the same time as me, so i just said.... oh, is that my receipt, i have just bought a microwave and left my receipt in my trolly and need it for the guarantee..... i picked the receipt up and it was full of reduced sandwiches at 10p so threw it back in the trolly and said no, thats not mine... lol. Next thing , he is shouting over to the woman on Customer Services desk asking her to reprint a receipt for me! I just told her it didnt matter as i was in a rush and would search the boot of my car and return tomorrow for a reprinted receipt... LOL
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • Shortfatscotsbloke
    • By Shortfatscotsbloke 9th Dec 12, 10:19 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 56,637 Thanks
    Shortfatscotsbloke
    Theres a few people nearly doing me lately, I'll have to be careful. :roll:
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Watch out for that Funkyfeet, she's dodgy she is..
  • QPR10
    international space station
    thanks QPR
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    at myself I forget he has more than one string to his bow I thought it was an I.T. question

Any Jedward questions just chuck 'em my way

• wendyak
    • By wendyak 9th Dec 12, 10:20 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 34,508 Thanks
    wendyak
    He's been here in spirit tonight on literary matters (spelling)
    "Much ado about nothing"
    Originally posted by artha

I think tonight we could have done with a bit of "taming of the shrew"
    (or at least a muzzle)
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Dec 12, 10:21 PM
    • 21,867 Posts
    • 267,204 Thanks
    davemorton
    I had PM'd you, but glad to see you had seen newbies post, you just never can tell what folks would do.
    Originally posted by HopePray
    Just noticed your sig. Does that not meant you will now have to have 3 names now as you will have to invent another one this year to sort out santas pressies.
  • no coupon no purchase
    Thank u to all of u who instantly pm me to delete my links I hope I have now I never thought it would link but have never posted PP before neither, I just hope and pray no one has stolen them now and if they have I hope they get a trout who wont give it to them without the receipt
    Started Saving in 2012!!!

Savings with Coupons £100.49 & Freebies £349.41 (I have lost track now but its a huge amount)

Sealed pot challenge number 1912 No target let's just see
    • pattylabelle
    • By pattylabelle 9th Dec 12, 10:22 PM
    • 7,415 Posts
    • 150,363 Thanks
    pattylabelle
    similar sort of thing happened to me today, shop was just about closing time and i was just entering the store and saw a nice long receipt in a small trolly so went for it but as i did a guy got hold of the handle at the same time as me, so i just said.... oh, is that my receipt, i have just bought a microwave and left my receipt in my trolly and need it for the guarantee..... i picked the receipt up and it was full of reduced sandwiches at 10p so threw it back in the trolly and said no, thats not mine... lol. Next thing , he is shouting over to the woman on Customer Services desk asking her to reprint a receipt for me! I just told her it didnt matter as i was in a rush and would search the boot of my car and return tomorrow for a reprinted receipt... LOL
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

People trying to be helpful in sada is a nuisance
    • Iamsohappy
    • By Iamsohappy 9th Dec 12, 10:25 PM
    • 2,597 Posts
    • 55,570 Thanks
    Iamsohappy
    My wombling total of sada fivers is obscene!!! Lots of people have benefitted or benefited from them.

Where there is muck wombles there is brass
    Originally posted by pattylabelle
    Indeed patty thank you
    • cjj
    • By cjj 9th Dec 12, 10:27 PM
    • 5,559 Posts
    • 75,039 Thanks
    cjj
    Didn't realise how fragile the mind is, until it got pushed so far.

Am on the road to recovery, good friends and great music is the plan.

Not ready to hit the stores, yet.

Thinks Sir F's pooping horse has been grazing for way to long and is in need of some exercise.
    Originally posted by frequent
    Good to hear your on the road to recovery Frequent x
    Family is not about blood.Its about who is willing to hold your hand when you need it most.

Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.. CJJ
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 9th Dec 12, 10:28 PM
    • 4,044 Posts
    • 62,050 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    Thought I would share my results on a finest shop with coupons, it looks like it does not take into account the meal deal for £10 and compared my coca cola which I had instead of wine at full price (sorry if this is old news thought I would share in case it had not been spotted) will get my results for the cheese tomorrow so that maybe good too if compared at full price

Sorry, this time your comparable shopping would have been £1.78 cheaper elsewhere, so we've given you a voucher for the difference*. Thank you and see you again soon.

* up to a maximum of £10

Tesco comparable basket
    £12.26£12.44£3.16

Competitor comparable basket
    £10.48£13.55£3.70

Difference
    £1.78£1.11£0.54

Asda was cheaperTesco was cheaperTesco was cheaper

1 x TESCO WHITE POTATOES 2.5KG 1.65 1.65 1.95 1.79

1 x DAIRYCREST WILLOW 250G 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00

1 x TESCO CARROTS LOOSE (0.365 kg) 0.33 0.33 0.33 0.33

1 x T.FINEST* 6 TRAD PORK SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x T.FINEST* 6 PORK & APPLE SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x COCA COLA REG CONTOUR 6 X 330ML BOTTLE 4.28 3.50 4.29 N/A

2 x TESCO EDAY VALUE 6 PANCAKES 0.18 N/A 0.40 0.58

1 x T. FINEST @ S/BERRY C/CAKE SLICES 200G 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FINEST PETIT POIS WITH LEEKS&PANCETTA 250G X 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* HAM AND GRUYERE PASTRIES 330G 3.99 N/A N/A N/A

1 x TESCO FRESH PORK CHOPS 1KG 5.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FIN BACON GRUYERE & ONION QUICHE 400G 1.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T.EDAY VALUE PROFITEROLES 2X90G 1.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* A/DEEN ANGUS BURGERS 454G 3.50 N/A N/A N/A

Great find!
    the coke is the drink part of the finest meal deal guys, so, if we buy a meal deal with the coke, providing that the meal , side and sweet is originally over a tenner we can use the £2 voucher and get a PP back too
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Dec 12, 10:29 PM
    • 18,294 Posts
    • 240,852 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    evening peeps

have been lurking for a while as that way I'm not likely to respond to some of the childish comments which are posted on here

having been kept entertained for a while now reading Savvybuyers detailed explanation of the As gift glitch.....I thought I'd try the following tomorrow....

2 x Dove Fresh Indulgence gift sets (pink) £6 each or 2 for £8.... £4 each in T

not labelled as part of the 2 for £8 deal on mys....so assuming/hoping it will compare at £12 v £8....include the 10% makes it £3.20 for the two gift sets

I will try it tomorrow and post results
    Originally posted by Looby123
    But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A £8.00 (in red) vs T £8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay £12 but put £4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be £1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at £5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
    The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for £1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
    • Shortfatscotsbloke
    • By Shortfatscotsbloke 9th Dec 12, 10:35 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 56,637 Thanks
    Shortfatscotsbloke
    But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A £8.00 (in red) vs T £8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay £12 but put £4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be £1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at £5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
    The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for £1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thank you Savvy, this is one offer I DO understand. Cheers..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,557Posts Today

5,496Users online

Martin's Twitter