IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Encouraged Learning In Trading Excellence
Closed Thread
Views: 417,054
# 1401
no coupon no purchase
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie1980 View Post
no coupon no purchase remove link asap before someone prints and uses before u

OPPPPSSS I did not realise it would put a link on or even imagine someone from here would steal my voucher. Have I removed it now thought I was helping by showing the finest sausage and coke comparision and being roud of my first ever womble
Started Saving in 2012!!!

Savings with Coupons 100.49 & Freebies 349.41 (I have lost track now but its a huge amount)

Sealed pot challenge number 1912 No target let's just see
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to no coupon no purchase For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1402
sally06
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Laid View Post
I love a good womble, its a rare week when I'm not 15 better off due to womble's
wow! that's amazing I really must try harder. LOL
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to sally06 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1403
Shortfatscotsbloke
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Oh no, have done 2 now, might have to do a Dave Morton!!

Too late, it is far too early to be talking about such things..

Last edited by Shortfatscotsbloke; 09-12-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Bad timing
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Shortfatscotsbloke For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1404
newbie1980
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no coupon no purchase View Post
OPPPPSSS I did not realise it would put a link on or even imagine someone from here would steal my voucher. Have I removed it now thought I was helping by showing the finest sausage and coke comparision and being roud of my first ever womble
yes you were being very helpful and please carry on
you just dont know who is lurking behind the scenes to nab you hard earned pennies
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to newbie1980 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1405
zippydooda
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QPR10 View Post
He has school tomorrow so might have gone to bed I'll text him for you

I dont even know what "iss" is
international space station
thanks QPR
sweet sunday
claim by November 19th
use by December 7th
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to zippydooda For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1406
pattylabelle
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortfatscotsbloke View Post
Me thinks that a certain vertically challenged, large tummied male born in Glasgow may have got it slightly incorrect..
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pattylabelle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1407
davemorton
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Theres a few people nearly doing me lately, I'll have to be careful. :roll:
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to davemorton For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1408
HopePray
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
I had PM'd you, but glad to see you had seen newbies post, you just never can tell what folks would do.
Diet diet diet, getting there, slow but sure, 21/28lbs
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to HopePray For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1409
Classy_Chick06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattylabelle View Post
I was undoing some trolleys one day when a nice lady asked me if I was ok and if I needed help with that. I said that I had just dropped my little coin and was trying to find it (of course this was a white lie). It was the worst thing in the world I could have said - she proceeded to try to help me find it and i couldn't get rid of her!!!

In the end I said "oh it is ok I have lots of those coins anyway i will just leave it" Off I goes and waited until she left the area- back in I go for the kill....a juicy big uncle.

Such a good natured person she was but a barrier to wombling
similar sort of thing happened to me today, shop was just about closing time and i was just entering the store and saw a nice long receipt in a small trolly so went for it but as i did a guy got hold of the handle at the same time as me, so i just said.... oh, is that my receipt, i have just bought a microwave and left my receipt in my trolly and need it for the guarantee..... i picked the receipt up and it was full of reduced sandwiches at 10p so threw it back in the trolly and said no, thats not mine... lol. Next thing , he is shouting over to the woman on Customer Services desk asking her to reprint a receipt for me! I just told her it didnt matter as i was in a rush and would search the boot of my car and return tomorrow for a reprinted receipt... LOL
It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Classy_Chick06 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1410
Shortfatscotsbloke
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorton View Post
Theres a few people nearly doing me lately, I'll have to be careful. :roll:
Watch out for that Funkyfeet, she's dodgy she is..
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Shortfatscotsbloke For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1411
QPR10
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippydooda View Post
international space station
thanks QPR
at myself I forget he has more than one string to his bow I thought it was an I.T. question

Any Jedward questions just chuck 'em my way

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to QPR10 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1412
wendyak
Old 09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by artha View Post
He's been here in spirit tonight on literary matters (spelling)
"Much ado about nothing"

I think tonight we could have done with a bit of "taming of the shrew"
(or at least a muzzle)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to wendyak For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1413
davemorton
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopePray View Post
I had PM'd you, but glad to see you had seen newbies post, you just never can tell what folks would do.
Just noticed your sig. Does that not meant you will now have to have 3 names now as you will have to invent another one this year to sort out santas pressies.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to davemorton For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1414
no coupon no purchase
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thank u to all of u who instantly pm me to delete my links I hope I have now I never thought it would link but have never posted PP before neither, I just hope and pray no one has stolen them now and if they have I hope they get a trout who wont give it to them without the receipt
Started Saving in 2012!!!

Savings with Coupons 100.49 & Freebies 349.41 (I have lost track now but its a huge amount)

Sealed pot challenge number 1912 No target let's just see
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to no coupon no purchase For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1415
pattylabelle
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy_Chick06 View Post
similar sort of thing happened to me today, shop was just about closing time and i was just entering the store and saw a nice long receipt in a small trolly so went for it but as i did a guy got hold of the handle at the same time as me, so i just said.... oh, is that my receipt, i have just bought a microwave and left my receipt in my trolly and need it for the guarantee..... i picked the receipt up and it was full of reduced sandwiches at 10p so threw it back in the trolly and said no, thats not mine... lol. Next thing , he is shouting over to the woman on Customer Services desk asking her to reprint a receipt for me! I just told her it didnt matter as i was in a rush and would search the boot of my car and return tomorrow for a reprinted receipt... LOL

People trying to be helpful in sada is a nuisance
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pattylabelle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1416
Iamsohappy
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattylabelle View Post
My wombling total of sada fivers is obscene!!! Lots of people have benefitted or benefited from them.

Where there is muck wombles there is brass
Indeed patty thank you
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Iamsohappy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1417
cjj
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequent View Post
Didn't realise how fragile the mind is, until it got pushed so far.

Am on the road to recovery, good friends and great music is the plan.

Not ready to hit the stores, yet.

Thinks Sir F's pooping horse has been grazing for way to long and is in need of some exercise.
Good to hear your on the road to recovery Frequent x
Wish upon a star CJJ
...Be nice and smile to everyone you see.. You don't know what they're going through, a smile might actually get them through the rest of the day xxx
Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to cjj For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1418
Classy_Chick06
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Thought I would share my results on a finest shop with coupons, it looks like it does not take into account the meal deal for 10 and compared my coca cola which I had instead of wine at full price (sorry if this is old news thought I would share in case it had not been spotted) will get my results for the cheese tomorrow so that maybe good too if compared at full price

Sorry, this time your comparable shopping would have been 1.78 cheaper elsewhere, so we've given you a voucher for the difference*. Thank you and see you again soon.

* up to a maximum of 10

Tesco comparable basket

Competitor comparable basket

Difference

Asda was cheaperTesco was cheaperTesco was cheaper

1 x TESCO WHITE POTATOES 2.5KG 1.65 1.65 1.95 1.79

1 x DAIRYCREST WILLOW 250G 1.00 1.00 1.00 1.00

1 x TESCO CARROTS LOOSE (0.365 kg) 0.33 0.33 0.33 0.33

1 x T.FINEST* 6 TRAD PORK SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x T.FINEST* 6 PORK & APPLE SAUSAGES 454G 2.50 * 2.00 2.79 N/A

1 x COCA COLA REG CONTOUR 6 X 330ML BOTTLE 4.28 3.50 4.29 N/A

2 x TESCO EDAY VALUE 6 PANCAKES 0.18 N/A 0.40 0.58

1 x T. FINEST @ S/BERRY C/CAKE SLICES 200G 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FINEST PETIT POIS WITH LEEKS&PANCETTA 250G X 2.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* HAM AND GRUYERE PASTRIES 330G 3.99 N/A N/A N/A

1 x TESCO FRESH PORK CHOPS 1KG 5.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T FIN BACON GRUYERE & ONION QUICHE 400G 1.50 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T.EDAY VALUE PROFITEROLES 2X90G 1.00 N/A N/A N/A

1 x T. FIN* A/DEEN ANGUS BURGERS 454G 3.50 N/A N/A N/A

Great find!
the coke is the drink part of the finest meal deal guys, so, if we buy a meal deal with the coke, providing that the meal , side and sweet is originally over a tenner we can use the 2 voucher and get a PP back too
It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Classy_Chick06 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1419
Savvybuyer
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looby123 View Post
evening peeps

have been lurking for a while as that way I'm not likely to respond to some of the childish comments which are posted on here

having been kept entertained for a while now reading Savvybuyers detailed explanation of the As gift glitch.....I thought I'd try the following tomorrow....

2 x Dove Fresh Indulgence gift sets (pink) 6 each or 2 for 8.... 4 each in T

not labelled as part of the 2 for 8 deal on mys....so assuming/hoping it will compare at 12 v 8....include the 10% makes it 3.20 for the two gift sets

I will try it tomorrow and post results
But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A 8.00 (in red) vs T 8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay 12 but put 4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be 1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at 5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for 1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Savvybuyer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 1420
Shortfatscotsbloke
Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvybuyer View Post
But be careful... MSM on the APG usually compares the price you paid in-store (including any multibuy) regardless of what it says on the MSM.co.uk Especially as buying two of the same item, it's probably going to come back with 2xDove Fresh Indulgence A 8.00 (in red) vs T 8.00, if the multibuy comes off in-store. I've not tried it though. If it doesn't give you the multibuy deal in store, then it's still the same as you'll pay 12 but put 4 onto the APG voucher.

New topic: this probably isn't the right forum to post "deals" as such, but I can be forgiven on this one occasion. Saw this morning in Poundland, packs of 400-odd gram Family Circle biscuits. Thought it might make a change for those tired of Vinnies, even if costs slightly more! There was no price labelling nearby but, due to the name of the store, I have a strong suspicion the 400+g Family Circles might be 1 each. Much less costly than the 800g odd tins that we see on 'reduction' at 5. Assuming this is nationwide and continues tomorrow, you can buy two of the packs and empty them into a spare, clean biscuit tin bought earlier. If not a Family Circle tin, maybe a Vinnies instead...
The 400 or so gram Circles at Poundland are cheaper than the same pack at Sains. in October (when they were on sale for 1.24); weren't avail in A then, if they had been would still have been slightly more expensive even on an A vs S comp.

Good night now.
Thank you Savvy, this is one offer I DO understand. Cheers..
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Shortfatscotsbloke For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread