Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zennith
    This month marks the 20th anniversary of the text message
    • 5th Dec 12, 8:35 AM
    This month marks the 20th anniversary of the text message 5th Dec 12 at 8:35 AM
    How long have you been texting?

I sent my first text 12 years 9 months ago.

Here are:

The ten 'most important' text messages in history

Click on link for full explanations: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ten-text-me...111139844.html

1. "Merry Christmas"
    The first text message was sent on December 3 1992. Neil Papworth, a 22-year-old British engineer, used his computer to send the message "Merry Christmas" to an Orbitel 901 mobile phone in an early test of the technology.

2. Tell the police to hurry. People are dying here!

3. "'Brilliant speech. I cried twice. Will love 'working together'"

4. "Barack has chosen Senator Joe Biden to be our VP nominee."

5. "You almost just ruined my whole life."

6. "Im gonna be here always xx''

7. "It's a DELIBERATE attack - a second plane just flew into the second tower"

8. "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality, they seldom attack a human."

9. "Hello from Earth"

10. "Great and congrats on Brussels. Just Ofcom to go"
    Last edited by zennith; 05-12-2012 at 8:38 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,632Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• RT @lalahiggins33: @MartinSLewis thanks to your piece on Victoria Derbyshire last week I'm nearly a grand richer due to MIS sold package ba?

• I'm limbering up for my new @itvthismorning "do it or don't" slot. I'm meant to have the wisdom of Solomon, wisdom of a salmon's closer

• Follow Martin