Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Mortgages & Endowments > Nationwide Mortgage Application - How Long? (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Nationwide Mortgage Application - How Long?
Views: 38,850
# 21
Dave Ham
Old 25-07-2012, 1:40 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Cheers Kevin..

Seriously could you not even put a couple of other posts first, just to look less obvious...
I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 22
Wh05apk
Old 25-07-2012, 3:39 PM

.............might also be worth posting your (sorry his) landline number as I am sure MSE's wouldn't like to phone a mobile!
I am a mortgage adviser.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
# 23
Senior Paper Monitor
Old 25-07-2012, 3:42 PM

email and website please (he can have my Nationwide applications) !
Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
# 24
Fishcake
Old 30-07-2012, 7:27 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Sorry, new to posting on here, I was just so excited to get the mortgage offer wanted to share to give hope to others. I regret posting now after reading the comments made.
# 25
Dave Ham
Old 30-07-2012, 7:29 PM

Its ok Kevin - no problem...
I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
# 26
George Chicken
Old 05-12-2012, 2:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Far too long to process my Nationwide mortgage application

I applied for a Nationwide mortgage through my local branch early in July, getting an decision in principle for a 50k loan at 25% ltv. All seemed to be progressing ok, albiet information being requested piecemeal over a number of weeks. The property survey was done mid August. My solicitor did most of their work by early September and I expected imminent completion, but they still awaited the mortgage offer letter.
I spent the next 11 weeks chasing and chasing NW through their tracking systems, new business teams etc. It was clear my application was not being touched. In early November I was told there was 'just one more thing' - a querie thrown up back in August. I speedily cleared it up and the offer was issued the next day. When my solicitor received thier copy a week later (!) a mistake was noticed in the purchase price, invalidating it. Another two weeks passed waiting for a revised letter, but none came. After lodging an official complaint, and a flurry of action, I completed my sale on 30th November - thankful that the seller hadnt pulled out.
I concur with much I have read on the forum: protection of 'the team' that makes the decision, no-one getting back, application sitting ignored. Everyone hides behind systems - and from responsibility. NW have acknowledged their poor service and apologised - and offered a derisory sum in compensation. I am currently considering taking it further - if I can find the energy!
# 27
Goldiegirl
Old 05-12-2012, 2:51 PM

It generally depends on how much underwriting the application needs

If it's an existing customer and low LTV, the only thing the lender may need to to get a valuation.

If it's a new customer and high LTV, they may need more things to help them make their decision, such as payslips, references and bank statements. The more info that is needed, the longer the underwriting process can take.
# 28
Vortex1
Old 05-12-2012, 3:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Sorry to hear of your problems, it must be very frustrating! Mine by contrast took 12 days (from memory) from application to offer with NW, so it would appear they are not consistent with their approach.
# 29
FirstTimeBuyer1
Old 16-07-2013, 9:45 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I've just begun my mortgage app process with nationwide (via a broker); received a text from nationwide on 12th July confirming that my application has been received. The broker advised that nationwide are very busy at the moment, so i will update as and when things happen...

FYI i'm new to nationwide (also first time buyer), i submitted all required paperwork my broker asked for prior to mortgage app. i already had a DIP from them a few weeks prior.

Last edited by FirstTimeBuyer1; 16-07-2013 at 9:47 AM.
# 30
JustAnotherSaver
Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Any news from those who never posted back ... or are they still waiting...?
# 31
bagofchips
Old 26-03-2014, 11:42 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I am totally blown away with the service I have received from the Nationwide and wanted to post up on this thread to give hope to others!

Monday 17th March - Decision in Principle

all paperwork had been uploaded via my mortgage broker and nothing extra requested.

Wednesday 26th told to submit full application.........text messages now received from Nationwide at 1242 saying they have received my full application.

1508 text received WITH MY MORTGAGE OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No survey done - am assuming they done a desktop valuation as this is for a remortgage. I am totally blown away and over the moon!!!
# 32
Faisal
Old 03-07-2014, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Our FTB Process

Hello,

I don't usually write on these forums but have just registered so I can tell you of our process as I know how nerving and anxious not knowing can be!

I am a FTB looking to buy a RTB council property and take out some additional money for home improvments. In total I wanted to borrow 85% LTV.

I applied at our local branch as, having read these forums, it seems the safest ways to go in terms of speed and not losing documents!

19th June - Had our first appointments where we completed the DIP. I have a very good credit history and they requested
1) Latest wageslip
2) Latest bank statement
3) Last 12 months bank statements to show rent payments.

I had all the documents except the 12 months bank statements so we proceeded to full application on same day. All done but couldn't submit due to missing document. I don't always pay via my bank account so, instead I asked the council for a rent statement which arrived on the 24th June. I went in and handed it in to branch. All documents scanned infront of me and attached to application. So,
24th June - Sumbitted.
25th June - Call from surveyor to fix date for 1st July for valuation.
2nd July - After Survey I got a text to say it was satistfactory
3rd July - I got a text very early in the morning to say Nationwide were delighted to give me a formal mortgage offer and that the paperwork would be posted.

Mine wasn't a straightforward case due to needing additional money for improvments but they have been really good about it all and I can't fault them. I will keep you all posted as to when the actual paperwork comes through! I am expecting a delay as I am told the council take 6-8 weeks to get their paperwork ready but on the nationwide front it's been perfect so far.

So far so good.