IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Experian
Views: 340
# 1
pearce
Old 05-12-2012, 1:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Experian

My current score with Experian is 782/Fair, it has been this was for the past 6 months after clearing off a few debts, I still have a few debts that amount to about 3000 but I am still getting refused credit. I pay off my credit card in full every month and have not been in/over my overdraft for more than 2 years, what am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
liltdiddylilt
Old 05-12-2012, 1:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.. Term-time only

Hi

Have you checked your credit history with both of the other credit scoring companies? Certain companies use different credit agencies. Equifax & CallCredit are the other 2 they might use.

You mention paying off your credit card in full. Do you have access to a lot of credit? I.e. if you have a credit card with an allowance of 5000.00 AND an overdraft available of another 1000 or so, plus any store/catalogue or other credit cards, they will refuse you credit as you have ACCESS to too much credit already, regardless of whether you use it or not.

How long/often have you tried to get credit. This will also make lenders think you are desperate for credit, as they can see your applications on file.

HTH

-Lilt
October Triathlon: SFD: 13/16||Groceries: 160.16/130||Food Bank: 0/5||Walking: 38 Miles||Mindfulness: 18/31
FD Saver: 3000.00/3600.00 Xmas Fund: 276.25 (& 132.68 spent) Insurance: 40 (Nov) Emergency Fund: 888.42
"A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie
# 3
ruintooeasy
Old 05-12-2012, 2:15 PM
MoneySaving Convert

are you on the electoral roll?
# 4
pearce
Old 05-12-2012, 2:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I only have a 500 limit on my credit card and I have removed my overdraft altogether, I still have a 1000 CCJ that im disputing, plus another account for 3000 that I have started paying off. Just sick of my credit never improving!!!

*Yes im on the electoral roll
# 5
Jox
Old 05-12-2012, 2:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Do you have a Vanquis card? Apply and pay it off in full.

Can you purchase items from a catalogue and pay in full?
[CENTER][B]Happy to have paid my credit card and loan debts off (2012)
# 6
pearce
Old 05-12-2012, 2:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

No i dont have a vanquis card, i always thought they were really high in apr!!! Dont have a catalogue either
# 7
Jox
Old 05-12-2012, 3:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Vanquis is high APR but you will pay it off in full every month and this will help with your future credit rating.

See if there is anything you need from Littlewoods or another catalogue and pay this off in full as well.
[CENTER][B]Happy to have paid my credit card and loan debts off (2012)
# 8
liltdiddylilt
Old 05-12-2012, 3:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.. Term-time only

The CCJ will be the problem. When you say you are disputing it; have you paid off the debt in question? If you have satisfied it, then you are able to have it removed from your credit history so long as you supply the credit agency with all of the information and proof necessary.

If you have not, regardless of the dispute it will be pretty difficult to remove from your credit history; how will you prove that the CCJ is not warranted or the debt is not owed?

CCJ's stay on your history for 6 years or until notification of being satisfied.
October Triathlon: SFD: 13/16||Groceries: 160.16/130||Food Bank: 0/5||Walking: 38 Miles||Mindfulness: 18/31
FD Saver: 3000.00/3600.00 Xmas Fund: 276.25 (& 132.68 spent) Insurance: 40 (Nov) Emergency Fund: 888.42
"A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie
# 9
pearce
Old 05-12-2012, 3:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am applying to get the CCJ statute barred as the debt is over ten years old, the CCJ was only implemented this year by Wescot SPV!!!