Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    moofo
    Can I reclaim fees paid on a GMAC mortgage which I settled in 2007?
    • 5th Dec 12, 2:15 PM
    Can I reclaim fees paid on a GMAC mortgage which I settled in 2007? 5th Dec 12 at 2:15 PM
    Hi all.
    Initially looking for some advice on whether I am eligible to reclaim fees on a mortgage I paid off in 2007.
    Is there a time limit and am I within that time limit?

What can I claim back?
    Letter fees?
    Late payment charges?
    Exit fees?
    PPI ?
    Early redemption penalties?

What charges are deemed unfair.
    I am also looking for template letters to try get back anything Im owed could someone post a link to these please.
    I understand a SAR request would be my first letter to find out exactly what i was charged?

Final question.....the company I had the mortgage with was called GMAC.
    Are they still operating as I tried to contact them for an address for correspondence and the company that replied are calling themselves PARATUS AMC Limited.

Did GMAC go bust or bought out and if so is this new company still liable for paying me out should I be entitled?

Sorry for so many questions and many thanks in advance for any advice/info.
    New to comping March 2008 wins so far:
    Sweet Nothing.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,901Posts Today

8,486Users online

Martin's Twitter