Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

House Prices - using rateable value as a guide
    • 4th Dec 12, 4:10 AM
    House Prices - using rateable value as a guide 4th Dec 12 at 4:10 AM
    In Northern Ireland we don't have a register of actual sold prices. Over on the HPC NI forum they are adamant that the best guide to use is the 2005 rateable value figure and buyers should be aiming for RV -10% to -20%. In my area (North Down) asking prices are all well above RV and there is no way I will be be able to get a desirable house for less than the RV. There are some perfectly nice houses out there in my required area but are RV +20 - +25% and its putting me off putting worthwhile offers on them (Cheeky offers are all very well but I am unlikely to get a 200k house for under 150k). I was stung in 2007 but managed to get out in 2010 and dont want to be ripped off again

Are any other house hunters / sellers using RV as a guide or is it HPC propaganda?

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

3,818Users online

Martin's Twitter