IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
MSE Photo tool discussion
Views: 2,543
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MSE Jenny
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Senior Writer
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default MSE Photo tool discussion

Our new Photo Discount Finder tool finds you the cheapest photo prints, including freebies for new customers and deals that use discount codes. Just select your criteria and hit 'search'.

It would be great to hear your feedback on the results it gives and any other suggestions you have to improve it.

Thanks!

Last edited by MSE Wendy; 04-09-2012 at 8:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Jenny For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Lewisthewestie
Old 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi, great idea, under paper selection could we have an 'either' selection as well as gloss or matte? Also longer term, it would be useful to have a photo-book comparison as well.
# 3
Natasha_H
Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisthewestie View Post
Hi, great idea, under paper selection could we have an 'either' selection as well as gloss or matte? Also longer term, it would be useful to have a photo-book comparison as well.
Photo canvasses too perhaps. Great tool MSE.
# 4
Middlestitch
Old 04-09-2012, 1:13 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Great! think it is a marvellous idea.
# 5
jeglet
Old 04-09-2012, 2:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I agree; this is a great idea. Would also add value by linking to an independent review site, or have an ability for MSE community to add their own reviews; so you have both price and quality feedback?
# 6
gethro
Old 04-09-2012, 2:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Very usefull , as Natasha_H asks ,photo canvas would be handy as well .
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't get any luck at all
# 7
smileygill
Old 04-09-2012, 4:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Very useful! I'd like to see a photobook and canvas section as well, though I think comparing books might be too complicated.
# 8
Obviously the best
Old 04-09-2012, 5:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obviously the best Send a message via Skype™ to Obviously the best

One thing I've noticed, on smaller orders a company you haven't included, www.snapmad.com can often work out cheaper, as they don't charge for delivery. However for larger orders it's spot on.
OTB

Always happy to help (ba-da-ba-ba-ba ching ching)
The Following User Says Thank You to Obviously the best For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
sassi
Old 05-09-2012, 6:54 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Send a message via MSN to sassi

very helpful - seems to work well - i have around 200 to print so using 4 of these can get it done cheaply - thank you!
I WOULD NOT CHANGE MY AUTISTIC DAUGHTER FOR THE WORLD
~ BUT I WOULD CHANGE THE WORLD FOR HER

Bon Jovi ~ Always
Hyde Park June 2011 - was AMAZING!!

# 10
dhirenmehta
Old 05-09-2012, 1:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Disposables?

Hi,

Great tool, any way of including disposable cams? I think the results only cover digital uploads.

Cheers!
# 11
HSS
Old 29-10-2012, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Re this week's newsletter- OFFER ON PHOTOBOOK/CEWE - big reduction on 'large landscape photobook, 90 pages- put in code MSEBOOK and it comes down from 70 to 19.99 delivered'

Please note that this code does not work like this.
I have tried and it was rejected. When I emailed them they told me that this code MSEBOOK is only valid on large PORTRAIT books, not landscape, and will reduce the price to 47, not 19.99.
# 12
HSS
Old 29-10-2012, 11:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSS View Post
Re this week's newsletter- OFFER ON PHOTOBOOK/CEWE - big reduction on 'large landscape photobook, 90 pages- put in code MSEBOOK and it comes down from 70 to 19.99 delivered'

Please note that this code does not work like this.
I have tried and it was rejected. When I emailed them they told me that this code MSEBOOK is only valid on large PORTRAIT books, not landscape, and will reduce the price to 47, not 19.99.
An update-
I emailed their customer service again and stressed that I'd been advised the code would work for Large landscape photobooks, and they replied saying that yes, it WILL work for the landscape style, and apologised, saying that they'd been mistaken before.
HOWEVER they still say it will not reduce the item to 19, stating the code will reduce it to 47.64 (a perculiarly precise amount!). She didnt specify whether this incl. postage.

There is another code offer at the moment-PW88YCPB9 This is 10 off for new customers ordering a photobook. I tried this code as well, to see if the problem was just the MSEBOOK code, or their ordering software- this code doesn't go through either. A message appears saying it's invalid.

When I told their customer service this, they asked for a 'screenshot' of the error message I get, and i have just sent it to them this evening. I will update here when they get back to me!!

Last edited by HSS; 31-10-2012 at 2:28 AM. Reason: missed out a word
# 13
HSS
Old 31-10-2012, 2:22 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

OK well I don't know if anyone is reading this, but I shall update again...

They now have changed their minds and agree that the discount code does bring the price down to 19. They didn't say where they had got the previous 47.64 from!

I sent the screenshot but they said they couldn't open it.
They said that the error message I get when I input the discount code means that I must be typing it in wrongly, and told me to put it in in capitals and with no spaces. But I AM typing it in in capitals and no spaces!!

They also say that they have tried the code themselves and that it does work- I have tried a dozen times at least and it does not go through.

I now suspect that they may have realised that this offer is a tad generous and are giving me the run around till it expires, which it will do, today.

In a last ditch effort, I have now taken a photo of the screen to prove that i am putting the code in correctly, and to show the error code I get. I've emailed this to them. I have also posted on their Facebook page, as I have seen others ask for help with codes there, and apparently have been helped.

I hope it does go through eventually, as I cannot afford this without the discount. I don't hold out much hope!!

What gets me is that they know I know the code, they know I'm trying to use the code, but they won't do the discount if it won't go through. i.e., they won't let me put the order through full price, then apply the discount afterwards or refund me. They just won't consider that at all. I don't think that's great customer service!

Last edited by HSS; 31-10-2012 at 2:25 AM. Reason: needed to delete repetition
# 14
HSS
Old 31-10-2012, 12:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Update!!

After sending the photo of the screen, customer service agreed that I was entering the code ok, but were baffled as to why it didn't work. So now they have offered me a refund of the voucher value- RESULT!!!!

I will have to pay the full 70, send her the order no., then, she will refund it. Very happy!!

I wonder if anyone else had trouble with this code or was it really just me-???
# 15
hgt
Old 21-05-2013, 1:16 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I've used these offers many times over the years to get cheap prints and up until now have always used either SnapFish or TruPrint (powered by SnapFish) and have always been very pleased with the results.

For my last order I gave PhotoWorld a try as they were offering 100 free prints.... but in my opinion the prints from PhotoWorld are poor when compared with SnapFish / TruPrint. PhotoWorld use an odd print size, and the colours just don't seem very vibrant.

I re-ordered the exact same prints with TruPrint and the difference in quality is quite amazing.... so remember folks, cheapest is not always best!
# 16
philgeorge
Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Look for 'Hot-Printz' on eBay or Facebook - fantastic service and very cheap canvas prints. 5 for A4 and 9 for A3 with free delivery. Larger canvases are 20, highly recommended.
# 17
N20Y1D
Old 08-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,150 Posts

Photoworld - avoid shocking quality no matter what the offer there is no point in having photos with such poor quality colour.
TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS