Can I port a SVR mortgage? (RBS)

Basically, I have a mortgage due to run till October then it reverts to the cheaper SVR.

I have looked at new mortages ava, and I (we) will be looking at a rise of around 1.19 between current and a potential new market.

As we are on the market aiming to sell asap, port our current deal, what happens if we sell in say Oct, could we port a SVR rate?

Anyone been able to do this?

Comments

• harvey115
    harvey115 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Usually you are allowed to port during the fixed/discounted period of the mortgage deal if allowed by the lender.

Have not heard of porting during an SVR before, hopefully other board members will be able to comment on that. Sorry for not providing any help!
  • Dave_Ham
    Dave_Ham Posts: 6,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Subject to meeting your lenders current criteria (as they treat it as a new application) then yes it is portable.

People sometimes get confused that porting is in their terms and conditions and therefore a given, which it is not..

Good luck
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • RedfordML
    RedfordML Posts: 888
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good News!!

Spoke to RBS and they have stated it can be ported on a SVR!

The agent did however want to confirm this by speaking to the mortgage team further and I will be getting a call Monday, hopefully to confirm what I have been told today!!!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    RedfordML wrote: »
    Spoke to RBS and they have stated it can be ported on a SVR!

Subject to you meeting current underwriting criteria when you apply for the new mortgage. This is were borrowers come unstuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure