Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mazarif
    Why is the Woolwich mortgage offer taking so long
    • 6th Jun 12, 3:19 PM
    Why is the Woolwich mortgage offer taking so long 6th Jun 12 at 3:19 PM
    I am British and my husband is from New Zealand. He's been here 5 years and has a fully trackable credit history and work visa, he's worked at the same place for over 4 years. We applied for a mortgage with the Woolwich via a broker and made our situation clear. They agreed to lend us the money and we sent all the paperwork they asked for via the broker. They booked the survey straight away. The survey report came back as good as could be expected. This was on the 9th of May (about a month ago) and we still haven't had the mortgage offer.

Our broker seems to think they might still be ensuring my husband is legally OK to be here but I can't imagine this is true especially as there's nothing more they can possibly need that they haven't had for over a month. Does anyone have any idea what the delay can be? I'm getting quite worried because our landlord wants us out in a few weeks and we're not getting any answers from anyone. Our broker has escalated the matter via his contacts but all we ever get back from them is they'll deal with it ASAP.

Thoughts?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

24Posts Today

3,962Users online

Martin's Twitter