Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    barginpleasure
    Letter from employer stating new minimum wage and I'm on more than this.
    • 5th May 12, 10:54 AM
    Letter from employer stating new minimum wage and I'm on more than this. 5th May 12 at 10:54 AM
    As title, friend got a letter from employer stating that the minimum wage is to go up in October. She is 19 on 6.05 an hour but new minimum is 4.98 and wonder if they can then put her down to the minimum in October.
    The employee pay review is timed with the increase of minimum wage so the letter is a bit premature.
    It does not say I will go down but wonder if they either need to send this out or if they are just making her aware she is on more.
    It also says about a scheme and worded that she should have details of the scheme but she doesn't.
    Also letter is not dated or signed from the manager. She is poor at admin for a manager. Also it is a national employer and this letter is just from her not the head office.
    Not been to see her yet as letter just in but wanted to get an idea of what may happen and more so what can not happen.
    Last edited by barginpleasure; 05-05-2012 at 2:33 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,961Posts Today

7,997Users online

Martin's Twitter