Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Majestic
    Discrepancy on my credit report
    • 8th Mar 12, 3:54 AM
    Discrepancy on my credit report 8th Mar 12 at 3:54 AM
    I was wondering if someone with knowledge on the thread title could read this request for an amendment on my credit file I recently sent to Experian, whether there's a chance of a succesful response and if low, what possibly could be my next course of action.

The request is genuine, but of course I would imagine Experian would require further evidence.

Hi, I recently browsed my credit report (Ref: 123456) and have a found a slight discrepancy.

On my credit file I have two defaults. Both these agreements, a credit card & loan, were taken out with a high street bank during the same week, on the 21st and 26th of September 2005 (precisely), which my credit report quite rightly points out.

Unfortuantley, I defaulted on both agreements due to job loss in the following June of 2006. Yet this is only reflective on one of the defaulted accounts listed.

It seems that these debts were sold to two debt collention agencies, and that whilst one DCA is correct in saying that I defaulted in June 2006 (CapQuest) the other (ArrowGlobal LTD) has listed me defaulting in the same week but over a year after the actual default date.

This latter infomation is incorrect, as both the credit card & loan defaulted at exactly the same time in 2006. This is evident by looking at my credit report and seeing the date of both defaults are within a few days of each other.

I understand that defaults stay on your report for 6 years, but this slight error is not only disheartening but sees the default on my file for nearly 7 years!

Please could this mistake from the ArrowGlobal credit agreement on my file be rectified, and listed on its actual occurance during 2006.

Regards ...etc
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Majestic; 08-03-2012 at 3:58 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

813Posts Today

5,816Users online

Martin's Twitter