Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 828
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 15th Mar 12, 8:18 AM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Quote Sleepless: In reality, D.I.Bean, for the Crown, will never publish anything. He, and his team, will simply investigate and report to the appropriate authorities.

How true, this is all you will likely get….

Posted on the FSALegal Forum.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email of 8 March 2012. The Serious & Organised Crime Division are still dealing with this case. As this is an ongoing criminal investigation, I am afraid there is little I can add to my letter of 12 October 2011 beyond confirming that we are still workingon this case, together with the police, as a matter of priority.

Yours sincerely

Alison Smith

Senior Procurator Fiscal Depute

I should add for clarity......3 years now (ongoing criminal investigation), so you (CCE Victims) will need to be patient i'm afraid.
    Last edited by wantanswers; 15-03-2012 at 8:27 AM.
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 15th Mar 12, 8:56 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven

I should add for clarity......3 years now (ongoing criminal investigation), so you (CCE Victims) will need to be patient i'm afraid.
    Originally posted by wantanswers

How very true Want, how very true, but the fact remains that the hounds on FB cannot accept this fact and continue baying for blood. Why on earth anyone in their right mind would volunteer to "help" is beyond me. All those who do are subsequently ripped to pieces by the wolf pack who crave the very information that can't be released.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 15th Mar 12, 9:21 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    How very true Want, how very true, but the fact remains that the hounds on FB cannot accept this fact and continue baying for blood. Why on earth anyone in their right mind would volunteer to "help" is beyond me. All those who do are subsequently ripped to pieces by the wolf pack who crave the very information that can't be released.
    Originally posted by Blackraven
    If only everyone was as wise as you Blackraven - you sit on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing to help!
    Last edited by Grey Rook; 15-03-2012 at 9:27 AM.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 15th Mar 12, 9:55 AM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    If only everyone was as wise as you Blackraven - you sit on the sidelines and do absolutely nothing to help!
    Originally posted by Grey Rook
    Thinkpositive Grey Rook CCE is one of the better Public Financial Failures of recent.

The Fraud Squad are investigating; apparently they don’t spend millions (especially in this day and age) without making sure of a positive outcome.

Insolvency Practitioners (Liquidmisers) are once again in the spotlight for extortionate plundering of ‘VICTIMS’ money.

The Bank appears to have been implicated by the simple fact they appear to have known of serious concerns about CCE long before the ‘crash’

The FSA apparently became aware of concerns about CCE but as usual - because they can by hiding behind an Act of Parliament – appear to be washing their hands of you. Wonder if Margaret thinks of you whilst she’s busy tidying the garden(leafs)…..

Oh it’s alovely spring day here and lovely to see Cameron et al enjoying life with the celebs!!!

What more do we all need.
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 15th Mar 12, 9:59 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    I frankly do not see the point Grey Rook. The fate of the creditors lies in the hands of the police. The liquidators will make sure they get their fees paid and there will be precious little left.
    I have no faith in FB and really do not see what the latest uprising will achieve.
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 15th Mar 12, 10:39 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    All of around 30 regular FB posters and less than half of those seem to think they can make a difference to the current state of affairs, the remainder follow like sheep. Those that made the most noise prior to the meeting didn't even go.
    Those screaming for a democratic re-election of new members are having a laugh. You can hardly call the FB mob a democracy when there were upwards of 8000 affected. The correct way would be to call another creditors meeting, who would foot the bill for that?
    As for DI Bean attending the AGM, I doubt very much he would have discussed anything sensitive for the very reasons you state, and more besides. Perhaps he had a day off with nothing better to do!
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 15th Mar 12, 11:05 PM
    • 1,493 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    All of around 30 regular FB posters and less than half of those seem to think they can make a difference to the current state of affairs, the remainder follow like sheep. Those that made the most noise prior to the meeting didn't even go.
    Those screaming for a democratic re-election of new members are having a laugh. You can hardly call the FB mob a democracy when there were upwards of 8000 affected. The correct way would be to call another creditors meeting, who would foot the bill for that?
    As for DI Bean attending the AGM, I doubt very much he would have discussed anything sensitive for the very reasons you state, and more besides. Perhaps he had a day off with nothing better to do!
    He was not there to 'discuss anything'. Detective Inspector Bean, is a servant of the Crown. He, and his team, investigate, reporting to the their superiors. I repeat, D.I.Bean was there to prevent any breaches of the protocols. I suspect, the Edwin Coe presence, will have cost an arm and a leg. Accounts will finally reveal all.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 16th Mar 12, 7:43 AM
    • 899 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    He was not there to 'discuss anything'. Detective Inspector Bean, is a servant of the Crown. He, and his team, investigate, reporting to the their superiors. I repeat, D.I.Bean was there to prevent any breaches of the protocols. I suspect, the Edwin Coe presence, will have cost an arm and a leg. Accounts will finally reveal all.
    Originally posted by sleeplessnight
    You would hope so Sleepless. I suspect that DI Bean thought that the meeting was open to all creditors rather than just the select few paid up members of the Association. If he was there just to observe then you have to wonder why the minutes have to go to him for clearance before the masses are allowed to see them.
    Last edited by Grey Rook; 16-03-2012 at 1:02 PM.
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 16th Mar 12, 10:54 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    You would hope so Sleepless but I'm not so sure. I suspect that DI Bean thought that the meeting was open to all creditors rather than just the select few paid up members of the Association. If he was there just to observe then you have to wonder why the minutes have to go to him for clearance before the masses are allowed to see them.
    Put a bunch of people in a room who have all lost money due to alleged dodgy dealings of others. The minutes of the discussions between said individuals may contain comments or assumptions that might prove detrimental to any forthcoming proceedings (should there be any proceedings). Why wouldn't he want to vet the minutes before they are published on the internet for the world to see? Its hardly rocket science!
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 16th Mar 12, 10:55 AM
    • 1,694 Posts
    • 844 Thanks
    poacherp
    @ Wantanswers - it is confirmed now, just as we thought

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/ifaonline/news/2161391/sants-quit-fsa-summer?wt.mc_ev=click&WT.tsrc=Email&utm_term=&utm_ content=Sants%20to%20quit%20FSA%20in%20summer&utm_ campaign=16%20march%202012%20%283%29&utm_source=Da ily%20-%20Tue%20Fri&utm_medium=Email
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 16th Mar 12, 11:28 AM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Thanks for that Poach, i'll pass it on.

Now for Pittas (Pittas we believe has been dispatched to Australia but will need to come back, others are not out of the firing line yet) and cronies. They will mean little to you Poach, but for us he is 'part' of the 'gang' that is responsible for folk losing millions.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 16th Mar 12, 11:37 AM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Put a bunch of people in a room who have all lost money due to alleged dodgy dealings of others. The minutes of the discussions between said individuals may contain comments or assumptions that might prove detrimental to any forthcoming proceedings (should there be any proceedings). Why wouldn't he want to vet the minutes before they are published on the internet for the world to see? Its hardly rocket science!
    I must say Blackraven, If anyone on the committee is 'thick' enough to publish minutes containing comments and asumptions that might prove detrimental to any possible forthcoming proceedings or even think about it.....then it beggers belief.
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 16th Mar 12, 11:56 AM
    • 1,694 Posts
    • 844 Thanks
    poacherp
    Thanks for that Poach, i'll pass it on.

Now for Pittas (Pittas we believe has been dispatched to Australia but will need to come back, others are not out of the firing line yet) and cronies. They will mean little to you Poach, but for us he is 'part' of the 'gang' that is responsible for folk losing millions.
    We have talked about Pittas before so I know what you mean! Still hope that justice will be served.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 16th Mar 12, 12:01 PM
    • 899 Posts
    • 668 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Nice one Stanley!

You talk utter rot - so he travels all the way from Cornwall so a small group of people don't talk about or publish anything detrimental.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 16th Mar 12, 12:14 PM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    We have talked about Pittas before so I know what you mean! Still hope that justice will be served.
    Originally posted by poacherp
    Sorry for butting in Grey rook.

Poach, I listen to this interview time and time again.....Two of the Three gone!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9660000/9660206.stm

Will Sants still step into the shoes of the Deputy Bank of Englands job, it's not quite clear?
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 16th Mar 12, 12:20 PM
    • 1,694 Posts
    • 844 Thanks
    poacherp
    Sorry for butting in Grey rook.

Poach, I listen to this interview time and time again.....Two of the Three gone!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9660000/9660206.stm

Will Sants still step into the shoes of the Deputy Bank of Englands job, it's not quite clear?
    The answer to that one Want is simple!!! If he says he doesn't really want the job...... then it's his!!!
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 16th Mar 12, 12:21 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    Nice one Stanley!

You talk utter rot - so he travels all the way from Cornwall so a small group of people don't talk about or publish anything detrimental.
    Cyril actually, but close enough. No more rot than has been spouted already by you and others. Suggest you hop back on The Bounty before the mutineers leave without you
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 16th Mar 12, 12:25 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    I must say Blackraven, If anyone on the committee is 'thick' enough to publish minutes containing comments and asumptions that might prove detrimental to any possible forthcoming proceedings or even think about it.....then it beggers belief.
    Well it would appear that's what has been going on both here and on FB for yonks Want so who knows?
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 16th Mar 12, 12:42 PM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Well it would appear that's what has been going on both here and on FB for yonks Want so who knows?
    Publish minutes?
    • Blackraven
    • By Blackraven 16th Mar 12, 12:48 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Blackraven
    Publish minutes?
    Making comments and asumptions that might prove detrimental to any possible forthcoming proceedings
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

476Posts Today

4,309Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm on way to @GMB for my 740 Deals of the Week incl cheap prepay energy, £2.60 prosecco trick, Laura Ashley code, free Legoland tix & more

• Finally cheaper prepay energy tariffs https://t.co/QBA3ZZEBrh pls share this with anyone you know who has a key/card meter.

• RT @DollyDoDah: Just saved mum £337 a year by switching her dual fuel pre payment meters thanks to @MartinSLewis ????????????

• Follow Martin