MSE News: Hurry to use Habitat and Jane Norman gift cards

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"After going into administration Habitat and Jane Norman are urging consumers to use gift cards as soon as possible..."

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hurry to use ... Jane Norman gift cards
    I disagree.

If you've got to match the value of the gift card with cash and only buy full price items, you may well not be making good use of that cash.
  • Does anyone know of either a postal address or an email address that I can write to to complain about the Jane Norman gift voucher situation? I have phoned my local store and they could only give me a phone number, but I would rather put it in writing, for all the good it's worth.

I just think it is disgusting how people have to spend double the amount they have in vouchers! I have £40 left on my voucher and there is no way I am spending £40 of my own cash just to get that, and also there just isn't £80 worth of stuff that I want in the store.
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2011 at 3:56PM
    I am not sure how true it is but Sports Direct (I think it is), could be struggling next on the list so if you have vouchers/giftcard get them used and fast! Someone at work also mentioned the fact that they do not offer refunds at all - unless faulty - and everything has to go onto a giftcard.

The problem with Jane NOrman was that they wanted top bucks for run of the mill clothes. Their returns policy was two weeks and even worse was that their sizing was all to pot. If I bought a size 14 in M&S or Next I would need an 18 in Jane Norman.

You'd think that with the prices they charge they could have at least got their sizing right
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • Gashman
    Gashman Posts: 10 Forumite
    LMonkey wrote: »
    Does anyone know of either a postal address or an email address that I can write to to complain about the Jane Norman gift voucher situation? I have phoned my local store and they could only give me a phone number, but I would rather put it in writing, for all the good it's worth.

I just think it is disgusting how people have to spend double the amount they have in vouchers! I have £40 left on my voucher and there is no way I am spending £40 of my own cash just to get that, and also there just isn't £80 worth of stuff that I want in the store.

I have an email address which i have complained to.

janenormanadministration@zolfocooper.eu

Try this and see how you get on.
  • castleton
    castleton Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I spent my gift cards for Habitat last Wednesday. I did not have to spend any money to use them, I was pleased with my bargains, bot there wasn't alot left.
  • L Monkey,

I've had the same problem, the staff spouting on about "head office" instructions, policy etc (thou they only work there and I'm sure are fed up of taking the flack) I have a gift card with £20 on and a £5 paper voucher (sent to me as an apology by Jane Norman Head Office in May) as I'd had hassle using the gift card in one of their stores and was there an hour trying to sort it out.

On two occasions I've asked why I can't exchange the voucher for sale items, as they had our money originally (as found exactly what I like in 5mins flat) but I'm going to go to the main store near me over this weekend and try again.

The website gives a contact email but seem only related to goods queries not voucher/gift cards. Hope you have some luck, I'm sure I don't want to spend double the voucher value either as I was bought the gift card by my chap to stop me spending my own cash!!! It's so unfair and very sneeky of the Edinburgh Woollen Mills owners....WOB'T BE SHOPPING AT THEIR STORES ANYTIME AFTER THIS FIASCO.
  • L Monkey
    Hello,

Had more hassle today again, they seem to have moved the goal posts from when I was previously told about the use/spend requirements of gift cards.

The assistant in the Birmingham Bull Ring store gave me the address to complain to, this is: Zolfo Cooper LLP
    The Zenith Building, 26 Spring Gardens, Manchester M2 1AB.

I am sending a very stern email today as am very sick and tired of wasting time, energy and money (that I shouldn't be spending as gift voucher bought for me in first place).

Have been told today that the vouchers/cards are valid until 31st August now as they've had SO MANY COMPLAINTS. No surprise there then.
    Best of luck
    Dizzy
  • I have an outstanding amount on a gift card for Habitat. I went into the store last week to use the oustanding credit and was informed that they were no longer accepting gift cards. They gave me some story about LLoyds Banking Group giving £500,000 worth of vouchers to various charities and as a result people were coming in and buying thousands of pounds worth of stock. The Administrators have therefore decided to remove the right to spend any outstanding amounts.

Is this correct? It seems highly unfair that someone has paid for a gift card, there is stock in the shop, but I can't buy anything.

I have checked through the news items and they all seem to indicate that the vouchers will be accepted until the store closes. Edinburgh is still very much open.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
  • Mrs_V wrote: »
    Any advice would be great.
    As suggested in your other post on the same subject, I would suggest you contact the administrators for clarification.

Please try to avoid repeating your posts.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure