LIDL car battery charging station - CTEK type for £12.99?

Options
Taken from RPoints board:

This LIDL Tronic T4X car/motorbike charger looks remarkably similar (including specification) to the CTEK Multi XS 3600, which retails at around £50. The LIDL version has a 3 year warranty, though, instead of 2 years.

This is a particular type of charger, very different from the bog standard sort that Halfords mainly sell. Check the instructions to be sure, but these chargers can, as I understand it, also be safely left on the car without removing the battery to trickle charge.

May not be in all LIDL stores, but worth looking out for. I picked one up this morning, and there were several in stock.

Link to manufacturer's instructions etc:

http://www.kompernass.com/pages/index.php?page=1,3,1,2&product=293

Comments

• bobdauilda
    Options
    wish this would come back in stock to lidl!!!! Bargain!
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • percymon
    Options
    Well it is now back in stock - i bought one yesterday for £12.99. Branded Tronic T4X.

I posted this on another forum earlier, so copied here for the benefit of this community..

Well i bought the CTEK 3600 and the ciggy light adaptor a few weeks ago - works very well plugged into my Porsche Boxster.

Today i went to Lidl to check their TRONIC T4X charger out, my fingdings having bought one and read the user manual...

The Tronic unit appears to function EXACTLY as the CTEK one, mode one for
    batteries under 14Ah charges at 14.4V, 0.8A; mode 2 for batteries above 14Ah charges at 14.4V/3.6A and mode 3 for cold conditions charges at 14.7V/3.6A. The symbols for all three modes are the same as my CTEK. The operational modes are the same as my CTEK. IF the Tronic unit detects voltage between 7.5V and 10.5V on initial connection then it pulse charges until 10.5V is reached - i confirm whether the CTEK does this from memory. Once full charge is reached in modes 2 and 3 the unit reverts to maintenance mode of 14.4V/0.8A (as per CTEK).

Is it a CTEK ??

Well the certificate of conformity statement on the Tronic unit is for a company in Bochum, Germany called Kompernass, whereas the CTEK one is from CTEK themselves in Sweden.

Whether its actually the same i'll never know, but it certainly seems to work the same. The CTEK will stay ont he Porsche, the Tronic is good enough for the Golf and my partners Panda ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure