Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Errata
    • 15th Jan 09, 4:48 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 4:48 PM
    Congratulations - I hope they don't all visit the Arms at the same time !
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
  • robpw2
    • 15th Jan 09, 4:50 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 4:50 PM
    if martin had charged us all 1.00 membership he could have retired now lol

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • Kadeeae
    • 15th Jan 09, 5:20 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 5:20 PM
    Congratulations to everyone who works so hard at/for MSE - the premier "money saving" site!
  • millionaireadventure
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:04 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:04 PM
    Is this 3 million signups, or 3 million actively recieving the newsletter?

I know i've been through at least 3 different email addresses since first signing up.
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 15th Jan 09, 6:16 PM
    • 8,104 Posts
    • 42,233 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:16 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:16 PM
    It's the number we send to... so its sign-ups, active receiving the email is impossible to measure. Though there are 7,000,000 site users each month - my estimate looking at traffic on the back is more than half those who get the email open it.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Errata
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:21 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 6:21 PM
    It's the number we send to... so its sign-ups, active receiving the email is impossible to measure. Though there are 7,000,000 site users each month - my estimate looking at traffic on the back is more than half those who get the email open it.

Martin
    Originally posted by MSE Martin
    You know when I open my emails ?
    • hayley11
    • By hayley11 15th Jan 09, 7:22 PM
    • 7,363 Posts
    • 14,860 Thanks
    hayley11
    • 15th Jan 09, 7:22 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 7:22 PM
    Wow that is amazing, well done to you and the MSE team. My dad has recently got a computer and I signed him up for the email and he asked me last night why some bloke called Martin keeps emailing him I have told him what it is but he's a bit slow bless him. My next step is to get him registered on MSE
    Think happy & you'll be happy
    I my doggies
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 15th Jan 09, 7:53 PM
    • 8,104 Posts
    • 42,233 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 15th Jan 09, 7:53 PM
    • 15th Jan 09, 7:53 PM
    You know when I open my emails ?
    Originally posted by Errata
    For most people though... i can just see how many more users we get on email days and where they're going (ie to the things in the email) and its based on that.

Though in your specific case, we've embedded a camera in your email and when you open it we can see you
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

• Errata
    we've embedded a camera in your email and when you open it we can see you
    You'll be sorreeeeeeee and your staff will have the HSE onto you faster than you can blink.

Well done you and well done the team
    • Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 16th Jan 09, 12:06 PM
    • 11,393 Posts
    • 125,814 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    3,000,000 is quite an achievement. I always enjoy the newsletters. Congratulations and thank you!!

PS Martin, I thought I was being watched when I read the email yesterday? Did you like my stripey socks?
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 16th Jan 09, 4:47 PM
    • 12,430 Posts
    • 223,996 Thanks
    mattytun
    Congratulations martin on this achievement its the best thing i ever did was sign upto this site there is so much more i no now about money matters that i did not no in the past and im better off now for it & i always reccomend this site to people

• MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 16th Jan 09, 6:35 PM
    • 8,104 Posts
    • 42,233 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Thanks for all the thanks folks. We'd never be there without our core of loyal moneysavers.

And ember as for your socks - i think last weeks were better - sorry

• Nile
    • By Nile 16th Jan 09, 6:47 PM
    • 14,067 Posts
    • 13,937 Thanks
    Nile
    Blooming heck!

If that was a paper round, imagine the Christmas tips you could earn.

Well done to everyone at MSE Towers.

Kind Regards

Nile (ex paper delivery person )
    • mightymole
    • By mightymole 17th Jan 09, 11:47 AM
    • 398 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    mightymole
    the email is always a great read
    • glodh1973
    • By glodh1973 18th Jan 09, 8:11 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 5,003 Thanks
    glodh1973
    well i am addicted too this site and i recomend it too everyone. my friends and family take the mickey as im learning a few things new everyday off it but at end of daythey are the ones missing out not me

keep it up MARTIN you are doing brilliantly and helping millions of people
    • maytaurus
    • By maytaurus 18th Jan 09, 8:15 PM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 7,795 Thanks
    maytaurus
    Last edited by maytaurus; 19-01-2009 at 8:26 PM.
  • Airwolf1
    Good stuff here, hopefully helping out a lot of people with the info provided in the email.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • moggylover
    Well done Martin! I always recommend the site to friends, and am addicted to the forums . Actually, started reading and posting on them as a way of stopping OCD cleaning binges (suggestion from therapist that when I started to feel that upset I should distract myself on-line) and it has helped greatly with that: now I just need weening off MSE

Anyone know where I can get rehab cheaply?
    "there are some persons in this World who, unable to give better proof of being wise, take a strange delight in showing what they think they have sagaciously read in mankind by uncharitable suspicions of them"
    (Herman Melville)
    • Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 21st Jan 09, 8:12 PM
    • 11,393 Posts
    • 125,814 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    Thanks for all the thanks folks. We'd never be there without our core of loyal moneysavers.

And ember as for your socks - i think last weeks were better - sorry
    Originally posted by MSE Martin
    I change my socks more than once a week. I'm lazy but not that lazy.
    I'm stalking you back....found you on Facebook thanks to some fellow MSE compers.
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,609Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter