PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas pudding flapjacks

Options
Hey,

Just wondered if anyone has a recipe for Hugh Fernley Whittingstall's christmas pudding flapjacks? We're going to a Christmas in July thing tomorrow (it's winter here) and have just caught the end of a show on which he made them. We'd love to try and make them to take.

Any help gratefully received!

Comments

• Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Not quite what you wanted....but I've made flapjack (and muffins) previously with mincemeat in them. They were delicious and quite Christmassy. Just add in a few spoonfuls at the "wet mix" stage.

(I can't believe I just typed that in July :eek:)
  • Almo
    Almo Posts: 631 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys! I found those two recipes candyblue and asked my OH but he thinks the one he saw had brandy in it. I can't find any reference to brandy via google so might just pick the one you've listed and try that!

Mags_cat thanks for the advice. I tried mincemeat flapjack once and it was horrible - not the mincemeat as such, but the fact that it went all greasy and had a strange oily taste. Not sure what it was but it kinda put me off. Perhaps I'll try a different recipe though.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm sorry I've had to delete the recipes for copyright reasons. Can you find a link to them online? :) I tried!

Take care over copyright. Use excerpts and links rather than copying long text. This site asserts copyright on all comments posted on the board.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Whitefiver
    Whitefiver Posts: 689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this one the sort of thing you were after?

Regards,

White.
  • Whitefiver
    Whitefiver Posts: 689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    By the way, I made the recipe in my post above yesterday, and it is very good.

Note it is crumbly, as the recipe suggests, so take card cutting, and for my taste, I would cut the sugar a little the next time I made them.

The mincemeat comes through well, without being overpowering, and the hint of rum is a success for me.

Just thought you might like to know.

Regards,

White.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business