Movie hamper for older men

Thought I'd share with you all. I have done this for FIL this year. I have yet to get the basket but it contains:

Several old Ealing Comedy DVDs (all around £3.50 - £4.50 on Amazon)
Packet of popcorn
Movie Clapperboard (few quid off ebay)
Book about old cinemas (£3.50 off Amazon)

I'm going to tie it all up in a basket in cellophane and tie with an old roll of camera film I have stuck in the drawer instead of a bow!

Halliwells Movie guide is fantastic too, we got him that last year and it is his bible!

Comments

• Ooh I just thought I could do a female version for MIL. Singing in the Rain, Gone with the Wind (whatever is cheap!) with some chocolates, snuggly socks and tissues (for the weepies!) :j
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ooh I just thought I could do a female version for MIL. Singing in the Rain, Gone with the Wind (whatever is cheap!) with some chocolates, snuggly socks and tissues (for the weepies!) :j

How about That's Entertainment 3 DVD boxset ? I've ordered it from HMV For £11.99 - free p+p too. HTH
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506
    First Post
    Forumite
    Ellidee wrote: »
    How about That's Entertainment 3 DVD boxset ? I've ordered it from HMV For £11.99 - free p+p too. HTH

Ooh really, must go & check if my grandad has a dvd player
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport