Holiday hamper ideas

Options
Hi all,
It is my daughters 21st birthday soon and she is off on holiday to celebrate. I thought it would be nice to get together a 'hamper' of things she might need. So far I have thought of including a pair of flip flops, sun cream cream, some euros to spend, a resort guide, shampoo and contitioner from Lush (she loves their stuff). Does anyone have any other ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did one for a relative for xmas last year. It had in it passport holder, small padlock and keys for suitcase, beachbag. Other things you could include toiletry bag, paperback book, sunglasses/holder, beach towel.
  • lilmoi1985lm
    Options
    nice jewellery - loads in the sales at the moment - and for that price it doesnt matter if she looses any of it!

Maybe some dispolable cameras? oh and plenty of anadin extra for the hangovers! baby wipes, travel sized toiletries, make up????

Maybe if she needs one a new vanity case which she could take with her - it could double up as your hamper and you can fill it with all the above...
    Money's our first priority, it doesn't make sense to me -Simple Plan - Crazy
    Debt at lightbulb moment 13/12/07 £13820. Debt now 20/02/09 £11316:confused:
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Nerd #665'
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both for the great ideas. Love the idea of disposible camera and the paperback.
  • barrymung
    barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    Small radio, travel toothbrush, international phone card, language guide, condoms*?

Perhaps you could phone up the tour operator and ask if you could book her onto a few excursions?

(*sorry if this causes offence but I dunno what sort of holiday it is. If it's an 18-30 type thing she may need 'em)
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    i am doing a slant on a holiday hamper for my mothers oh... i am putting in a tolietries set ~ lloyds chemist have 'mini' bottles of everything 4 for £3 (or somthing like that at the mommet) and a flannel/toothbrush/hair brush etc etc ,sun lotion, book/book vouchers, pasport cover, luggage tag, aa guide to (where ever they are traveling), beach bag, document holder, pair of socks, converter card (ie £ to euros) ~ homemade, wallet (cheap ie not a main one), travel game (while traveling), pack of cards, sweets, notebook and pen and a cheap watch

this is all things related to him too though and also may be a little bigger than you imagined but its some ideas

my post taken from another thread :D
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for great ideas everyone. Don't worry Barrymung, not offended. We have had that conversation many times....:o
  • fishingcinema
    Options
    mabey a beach towel and some aftersun
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills