First Plus PPI

Options
ScorpioLady_2
ScorpioLady_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
Does anyone have any experience with PPI and (the dreaded) First Plus.

I foolishly (hindsight is a wonderful thing) took out a loan with them, and was talked into taking out the PPI (they promise £5K back after 5 years if not used).

Then I became sick and have tried to claim but now they say they won't pay out due to my condition being pre-existing, as I had seen my doctor once with minor symptoms in the 12 months prior to taking out the loan. (I am positive they didn't ask about any pre-existing conditions and the paperwork I signed certainly doesn't say as much)

Was I therefore mis-sold the policy?

I am still ill, and am now unemployed.

Any ideas/suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Hi
    we took out a first plus secured loan and it has been a nightmare. The rates keep on going up. We tried to pay it off via remortgaging our home but were told if we do this our PPI will be null and void. Which would mean we would lose 17k. My Mortgagees were horrified at the small print and ways they have tied us up. The loan started at 70k and is now 90k to redeem. How on Gods earth are these companies allowed to get away with this?
    I have never missed a payment but it is costing us nearly £800 per month.
    How does carol voderman sleep at night?
    very stressed and angry that we took it out in the first instance:mad:
  • Jasonjaykez
    Options
    Hi peter I have also been ripped off by Firstplus. I have contacted the FSO, however Firstplus claim I wont get anywere with them. Its all i think about, its made me badly and I'm very stressed about this, i would really aprreciate some advice on how to get my money back. This company needs to be stopped, they cant keep ripping honest hardworking people off by mis selling PPIs
  • mightymouse
    Options
    Hi

This link should answer most if not all of your questions:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=117175&highlight=pppi
  • mightymouse
    mightymouse Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    petermb wrote: »
    Typical of the Secured Loan market place.
    Take your money and run.
    Yes I think there is something you can do. PM me for details.

regards

Peter

Sorry should have realised from dates this is probs a scam / spam...........

this link still ok .... http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...highlight=pppi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure