Woolworths PAYG T-Mobile £9.99

Options
Just bought this today, not sure if it's in all stores but it's the first time I've seen them in mine (Wakefield) as I 've been looking for a nice new moby

Alcatel OT-E230 in Fushia colour only £9.99, no catches, no need to purchase a top up with it, just pay the nice cashier £9.99

I've actually just put in my Virgin sim card and the phone works fine so possibly unlocked too, bargain!

Couldn't find a picture of the phone in the right colour, but this is the phone in white.

images

Comments

• sonee2405
    sonee2405 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    i've seen it in stoke on trent but currently out of stock i really wnat one as a spare phone to text from
    Love can tame the wildest
  • AGB863
    AGB863 Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    samf1971 wrote: »
    I've actually just put in my Virgin sim card and the phone works fine so possibly unlocked too, bargain!

images

Virgin Mobile uses the T-Mobile network so the sim cards can be used on T_mobile phones
    I am a debt counsellor working in the voluntary sector - we don't charge our clients for the work we do!
  • sheryldoc
    sheryldoc Posts: 576 Forumite
    Options
    AGB863 wrote: »
    Virgin Mobile uses the T-Mobile network so the sim cards can be used on T_mobile phones

When I worked for t-Mobile this was not the case.. although they shared some of our network the phones were still locked to T-Mob ..

So its a bonus if you can use the virgin sim.
  • Sam_Spade_2
    Sam_Spade_2 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Alcatel_OT-E230_Orange.jpg
  • the_reallongshanks
    Options
    so if i bought one of these and then recycled it straight away with tescos, it would get me £40 in deals vouchers./?
    Great Sage, equal of Heaven.
  • ahll
    ahll Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "The time is always right to do what is right"
  • billymac
    billymac Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    so if i bought one of these and then recycled it straight away with tescos, it would get me £40 in deals vouchers./?

£20 in deals vouchers as you only get 500 points per phone.
  • nutty1
    nutty1 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    if you missed out on this there is one in argos same price but silver and on orange
  • waster_2
    waster_2 Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    sheryldoc wrote: »
    When I worked for t-Mobile this was not the case.. although they shared some of our network the phones were still locked to T-Mob ..

So its a bonus if you can use the virgin sim.

My understanding was that you could use a Virgin SIM in T Mobile locked phone, but a T Mobile SIM would not work in Virgin locked phone.

Same as you can use a Tesco SIM in an O2 locked phone, but not vice versa.

I didn't think that Virgin shared some of the T Mobile network, rather they leased capacity from it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure