4 weeks Financial Times subscription for £1.

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
What's the deal?

To promote the launch of its new website, FTlatest, the Financial Times is offering readers 4 weeks subscription to the paper for £1. For this sum, you can get the paper delivered to your door before 7 am each weekday. If you live outside the delivery zone, you'll get 4 weeks worth of pre-pay vouchers, which can be exchanged for the paper anywhere that sells it. The price also includes subscription to premium content on the website.

The only catch is you have to sign up by direct debit, then cancel the subscription before 4 weeks is up.

Where can I get it?

To get your subscription, go to the special promotion page on FTlatest, and enter in your postcode. The site'll tell you whether delivery is an option in your area. You can then choose whether you'd like pre-paid vouchers instead of the delivery option.

You'll need to fill in the form lower down and set up a direct debit from your bank account. The £1 fee will be debited from your account when the subscription starts.

To cancel the subscription when the trial period is about to end, call 0800 298 3852.

Anything else I should know?

When the trial period ends, the subsciption costs £97.50 every 13 weeks. However, even if you forget to cancel in time, you should be able to get a refund on outstanding papers. If you use prepay vouchers, you can get a refund for any you haven't used.

The promotion's limited to one subscription per order, and takes up to 15 days to begin.
threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• https://www.ftlatest.com is not currently working, is there another link?
  • mk-donald
    mk-donald Posts: 750 Forumite
    And if you banked with GIRObank - now Alliance & Leicester - and thus have a bank postcode of GIR 0AA then you can forget trying to sign up online as the FT system isn't up to date enough to recognise this approximately 40 year old postcode - durh durh durh.

They DONT accept it if you phone up - as they dont bother ask for it! Takes about ten minutes to go through it all on the phone to sign up though. Will be good to read the FT again as had it from work but was too expensive to pay for after leaving there.

(PS: In case anyone is wondering, as I started to when I thought about it, GIR 0AA is definitely gir 0aa with 0 for zero not O for Oscar - confirmed to Royal Mail and Government data standards.)
  • pondie1
    pondie1 Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    i got a 4 week booklet of coupons today from these
    65p off weekdays
    £1 off weekend
    plus an ad on inside back page regarding subscription offer
  • mark1024
    mark1024 Posts: 174 Forumite
    My first copy appeared through the letterbox today. Excellent offer !
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Wonderful. My DH occasionally buys the FT especially at the weekend and it is horribly expensive. Have just signed him up for a months worth!

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    you deflecting soo lol ....jumped the wall!!??
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • OneBrightStar
    OneBrightStar Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheers, just signed up for a month's subscription and my first copy was delivered within 2 days of the request.

Thanks to the OP.
  • chinup_3
    chinup_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    wilf55- what was that in our planets language ??!
    remember always -'' life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage''
  • MOCHA
    MOCHA Posts: 270 Forumite
    Do they still have the 'What to spend it on' feature on a Saturday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure