Dell Inspiron Laptops mispriced by £60 each !!Bargain 1501 too!!

Options
Mike T over at hotukdeals is to thank for this.

This is the cheapest one they have and it is a very good laptop for that price!

N04152 (Sml Bus) - £327 delivered!!

NOTE: CHANGE THE WARRANTY TO 90 DAYS COLLECT & RETURN TO GET THIS PRICE

AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL50
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic - English
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
80GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive
ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™
Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
4Cell 29WHr Primary battery
Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-PCI Card (for AMD Processors)
Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English
56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter

The full HotUKDeals thread can be found here

Note that these are in the Small Business section, but can still be ordered by Home users (just enter your name in the 'Company Name' space) however as a result of this Dell will not let you return the laptop unless it is faulty.

Also, you may be able to get 5% cashback via quidco!

:T

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    Good deal. Already have too many laptops. :) Definitely worth upgrading the battery for 11.75.
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dell website doesn't appear to like evalue codes at the minute - perhaps it's being updated?
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
  • zappahey
    zappahey Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    biglugs wrote: »
    Dell website doesn't appear to like evalue codes at the minute - perhaps it's being updated?

They appear to be having some technical problems as the Outlet isn't working either.
    What goes around - comes around
  • patricia1066
    Options
    Dell website now working fine.

I found that changes made to the specifications were reversed once it was put in basket so do check them before confirming the purchase. (Thats a serious bug in their software that I wasnt aware of, has anyone else noticed this happening?)

Once the laptop is in the basket, you get free shipping at the moment til 26.4.07.

Inspiron 1501
    AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL50, Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic - English and 2x 512 MB RAM

A great deal, thanks OP
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not a misprice; it's a special offer until 18th April, with free delivery offer until 25th, and there are others

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/promo.aspx/promocompare?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=bsd&~tab=2

Don't bother pricing up the cheaper 1501 Sempron offer - no free delivery
  • tony863
    tony863 Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There was a post on here a couple of weeks ago with a similar spec laptop from Dell I think?

I missed out on tha one and everyone was raving about those ones. I was gutted that I missed that one so can anyone tell me if this laptop is as good as those ones were or shall I hold out for better deals?
  • tony863
    tony863 Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is the post that I was referring to:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=407974&highlight=dell

Can anyone advise?
  • mumford_2
    Options
    Good question tony 863, i too missed out and need to know if this new deal is any good or not
  • Kellm9
    Kellm9 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    tony863 wrote: »
    This is the post that I was referring to:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=407974&highlight=dell

Can anyone advise?

Hi Tony,

I too missed out on the last offer detailed in your link. I did see it and kept following through to the basket on the Dell site and for one reason or another I didn't buy it. When I finaly decided to buy the deal was finished.

In answer to your question I think this is identical with one exception. That is the earlier offer in your link had a 120GB hard drive and this time around it has 80GB. I think it is still a very good offer, I think I would up the battery to 6 cell and maybe up the processor to the TL52.

As of right now I cannot get into the Dell site without it either failing or timing out when I switch page. I don't want to risk a none tracked purchase via Quidco.

EDIT > Dell link from above on this page works fine but cannot link to Dell from Quidco.

Regards
    Kellm9
  • oldman_3
    oldman_3 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Try this way.

Log into Quidco, click dell to get to the dell "home" page, click united kingdom, then choose small business from the list on the right. When you get to the SB page find "shop by ecode" in the left sidebar and enter any letter you like in the left box and the ecode for the laptop you want in the right box that should take you to the "build your dell page"

I cant be 100% that it will track but it should I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure