Now making joke hampers

Options
Have been so inspired by hampers on this thread have deiced to do some mini joke hampers. Hopefully I wont offend too many family/friends.
So far have made the following using small baskets bought for 10p each from charity shop.
BIL always over does it so full of hangover cures, roll of toilet paper, book to read in toilet etc.
SIL totally obsesed with money always bragging how much she spends, so chocolate coins, piggy bank, book about pools winner called spend spend spend.(Given to me free by man at car boot).
MIL broomstick(39p tescos), big wooden spoon, Thorntons chocolates as she tells me she cant eat them, but always manages to polish mine off that she buys me off every year.
Joint one for kids contains duster, furniture polish, bin liners so they can clear bedrooms, washing up liquid, dishcloth and tea towel.Instructions on how to make a cup of tea.
Hubby contains, holiday brouchers, new car booklets, info on pamper days, Goldsmiths catalouge, takeaway leaflets, all will be useful to him in the comming few months.

Might add a few more bits as and when I see them.

Just a bit of fun for after dinner.
CUT OFF DATE FOR XMAS 2008 1st NOV
PB £17.87, Ipoints 3907, QUIDCO £217.94,
SHOP&SCAN 1950, LITESPEED 1265,PINECONE £8,
BOOTS £18.62, IPSOS 1190, VALUED OPINIONS £19.25,
MISC SURVEYS CLICK THROUGH ACCS ETC £23,

Comments

• ambernora
    Options
    Found a great site for joke gifts. Have a look at gag gifts. They got things like a jar of beans titled natural bubble bath. Instructions are to cook and eat a few hours before bathing

http://www.budget101.com/gifts.htm
  • rose_sparky
    Options
    Love your joke idea hamper. Do you put a tag on to explain or do you enjoy the confused faces??!!!!
  • rose_sparky
    Options
    Does anyone else have more ideas for a joke hamper please?

I have lots of relatives (including husband) that have everything they need and therefore difficult to buy for. This would be a wonderful idea for them.
  • Gettin_me_own_back
    Options
    Give us some clues about ages and relationship and sex and we will see what we can do.
    CUT OFF DATE FOR XMAS 2008 1st NOV
    PB £17.87, Ipoints 3907, QUIDCO £217.94,
    SHOP&SCAN 1950, LITESPEED 1265,PINECONE £8,
    BOOTS £18.62, IPSOS 1190, VALUED OPINIONS £19.25,
    MISC SURVEYS CLICK THROUGH ACCS ETC £23,
  • rose_sparky
    Options
    Husband, ermmm how shall I say, a little careful with money.
    Daughter, ermmm exact opposite, designer spender, needs a full time slave to see to her every whim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure