Any ideas for a teacher hamper

Options
Want to make up a hamper for my son's teacher with teachery:rolleyes: things in it.

Thinking of.

Teacher cup
Trial size hand lotion/wash
Red pen
Packet of smiley face stickers.

Any other ideas ?

Comments

• earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    An Apple? :D

Actually - having said that - there is a very real possibility (if I get the recipe right) that eldests teacher will be getting some HM Apple Jam.

We're just going to make up a smaller version of the baking hampers we're doing for the family - peppermint creams, brownie and jam in a nice decorated box.

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Sallys_Savings
    Options
    How about a wooden ruler with...."Teachers Rule Ok" ..."My teacher rules" or something else written on it?

We have made these before (ruler 25p) and have made two holes each end to thread wire on so it can be hung up.
  • PandaPants_2
    Options
    Or some hot choc sachets and a couple of cheap latte glasses?
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Tissues, to wipe their own and that of others! Chill out cd, headache tablets!!
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Penny_Farthing_2
    Options
    A good gift for teachers is a bottle of wine. If you look for offers, you can get a decent bottle for £4 or less if you're buying a few bottles. The thinking behind this is that it's a gift that they can pass on if they need to or take out to a party etc. I know teachers are thrilled whatever they get but over the whole year, they can end up with many mugs/boxes of chocs etc.
  • skim
    skim Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    bottle of wine to de-stress

Thats what the missus (primary teacher) appreciates anyway!!
    I appreciate sharing it!

Usually something that gets drunk or eaten is best because otherwise you just end up with more & more mugs, rulers etc.
  • skim
    skim Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    A good gift for teachers is a bottle of wine. If you look for offers, you can get a decent bottle for £4 or less if you're buying a few bottles. The thinking behind this is that it's a gift that they can pass on if they need to or take out to a party etc. I know teachers are thrilled whatever they get but over the whole year, they can end up with many mugs/boxes of chocs etc.

you beat me to it:beer:
  • MaureenHB
    Options
    Speaking as someone who works in school may I repeat the appeal for wine! Unless of course you know the member of staff does not drink, in which case it is always lovely to accept things that the children themselves have made with a card MADE BY THE CHILD!!
    Maureen
  • cafcfan
    cafcfan Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter is a teacher and I know she uses lots of stickers for the childrens work- smiley faces etc. But a thankyou is always more than appreciated. Foot lotion might be appreciated as well- they spend a lot of time on their feet- support tights- fine ones of course.
    Are those shopping bags you're carrying really bags of debt???
  • cafcfan
    cafcfan Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    another idea might be a roll-on headache relief.
    Are those shopping bags you're carrying really bags of debt???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure