Free MOT Test Reminder (Merged)

http://www.motcentrefinder.co.uk/nav/reminders/mot_reminders.php

mot_reminders_header.giftransp_line.gifcircle_arrow_14.gifWould you like to be reminded when you car MOT is due?If you would like an email and Free SMS reminding you that your current vehicle MOT is about to expire please enter your information in the form below.

The information you supply will not be disclosed to any third parties please read our privacy policy for more information.

Thank you -
Looking to raise some money ;)

Comments

• Daffod
    Daffod Posts: 21 Forumite
    Thanks. Sorted that. I was 2 weeks late last year.

DDS
  • 123xyz
    123xyz Posts: 436
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Very useful - just discovered I have been driving round for 11 months with no MOT, so no insurance either as I imagine this would be invalid
    Just off the border of your waking mind, there lies another time ....
  • Big_Nige
    Big_Nige Posts: 144
    First Post
    Forumite
    JuliaH wrote:
    Very useful - just discovered I have been driving round for 11 months with no MOT, so no insurance either as I imagine this would be invalid

That is quite correct & if caught, you could be looking at a summons to court 6 - 10 points (for no insurance) & a hefty fine. Not very money saving.
    Every day above ground is a good day.
  • kirsty1_2
    kirsty1_2 Posts: 933 Forumite
    My sister forgot about hers so this will be useful for her. Think I should put my hubby through an MOT he does'nt function aswell as he did. Oh never mind he is getting old but says he won't trade himself in.
  • http://www.motcentrefinder.co.uk/nav/reminders/mot_reminders.php

Would you like to be reminded when you car MOT is due?

If you would like an email and Free SMS reminding you that your current vehicle MOT is about to expire

The information you supply will not be disclosed to any third parties
    :rotfl: :T :j
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    http://www.motcentrefinder.co.uk/nav/reminders/mot_reminders.php

Would you like to be reminded when you car MOT is due?

If you would like an email and Free SMS reminding you that your current vehicle MOT is about to expire

The information you supply will not be disclosed to any third parties
    :rotfl: :T :j

Thanks. I've merged it with a previous thread about the same service.
  • To answer an earlier point, lack of an MOT would not invalidate your insurance unless the insurers could demonstrate a fault with the car caused the accident.......OK, carry on :o)

Mr T
  • Are you certain that insurance companies are obliged to settle a claim after an accident if it is discovered that the MOT was a few days past renewal and had been overlooked?
    Do they have an obligation to settle, providing the car's roadworthiness did not contribute to the accident?
    I see the Highway Code says that not having a current MOT invalidates Insurance, doesn't that mean the Insurance Company will NOT settle?
  • KiNeL
    KiNeL Posts: 37
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Not having an MOT WILL NOT invalidate your insurance. As you say your insurance company may refuse to pay out for your losses if it can be proved that your vehicle was unroadworthy and/or it's condition contributed to or caused an accident but that is not the same as invalidating the cover.

If you wish to quote the Highway code please do it faithfully. The relevant passage says "MAY" not "DOES"

Take a moment to think about it.

Simply getting caught without an MOT will result in no more than a modest fine and no points on your licence.

If the lack of an MOT did automatically invalidate your insurance you would most definately be getting done for that as well as no MOT.

Similarly with Road Tax, having it or not is totally irrelevant to the validity of your insurance.
  • stewarto
    stewarto Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2013 at 2:49PM
    Hi,

For anyone looking for free MOT reminders you could try out a site I created called MOTRemind.me. It sends you free email reminders about your vehicles and only take a few seconds to sign-up.

This is a non-profit making site I created in my spare time as I had forgotten my MOT more than once and thought it would be useful and helps prevent you from receiving fines (and points!) for driving a vehicle without MOT.

Any thoughts/feedback would be welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure