Vasectomy - Bupa or Marie Stopes?????

Options
Well the time has come, to do the deed, after one too many close calls, I need the snip, anyone any experience of either Bupa or Marie Stopes service, prices are similar.
Please no posts about the whys and wherefores, that has all been dealt with in previous posts. I dont want kids, never have, never will, I have my eye on a 350Z instead!

Discount codes would be a bonus! lol

Comments

• hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what you're looking for is a cut price deal. :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OH went to Marie Stopes. It was about 20 years ago. Was only there a couple of hours if I remember rightly. Had a bit of trouble walking straight after (looked like John Wayne) but other than that no problems. Went back to work the next day.
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
  • Harloshred
    Options
    Your GP can arrange it.
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Harloshred wrote:
    Your GP can arrange it.
    I had mine done on the NHS no probs, no regrets.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,075 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I had mine done on the NHS no probs, no regrets.

Ditto here.

Ended up needing a GA though, as one was a bit hard to find, and the rummaging about was not nice!!!!!!! (Don't ask!:eek: )

Plus - on a day I really wanted to be anonnymous, 2 patients were in the waiting room for the same op, another patient was in the next door ward getting something fixed that I'd refered her in for, and one of the theatre nurses was also a patient!!!

Not sure about whether the NASH would do it for a childless male though? Can't see why it shouldn't, but I know they're a bit iffy about sterilising childless women.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    Options
    Well its done, I have booked with Marie Stopes, and paid my £50 deposit over the phone. For those who are interested its £400 in 4 payments or £395 on the nose.
    I know I could have gone NHS, but couldnt be bothered with the hassle from the GP due to being childless.

Bliss no more worry about condoms slipping or breaking :D
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    Just for info. Round here the GP does the referal. You see the guy who will do it within a fortnight. Once you have had the pre-proceedure chat (confirming you don't want any (more) kids) then you make an appointment to have "it" done. Usually within 3 weeks of the pre-proceedure chat.

Personally i think that is a pretty good service!
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    DKLS wrote:

Bliss no more worry about condoms slipping or breaking :D

I guess you are aware that you aren't in the clear until about 3 months AFTER the snip and had 2 clear tests.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    Options
    Zziggi wrote:
    I guess you are aware that you aren't in the clear until about 3 months AFTER the snip and had 2 clear tests.

Thanks, am Totally aware, just got the confirmation this morning with a very well written info pack that gives all the details. Including the bit about 2 clear tests, anyway I have a stock of condoms to get through once the deed has been done.
    This decision partly came about as earlier in the year I caught a GF pushing a pin through the middle of one of my condoms as well as my overwhelming desire NOT to bring a child into to this awful world.
  • MinnieSpender
    Options
    DKLS wrote:
    Thanks, am Totally aware, just got the confirmation this morning with a very well written info pack that gives all the details. Including the bit about 2 clear tests, anyway I have a stock of condoms to get through once the deed has been done.
    This decision partly came about as earlier in the year I caught a GF pushing a pin through the middle of one of my condoms as well as my overwhelming desire NOT to bring a child into to this awful world.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :eek: What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about? :eek:
    Official "Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)" Member 16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills