PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Risotto Recipe

Options
Someone mentioned a recipe for a tomato risotto thatis good for kids. I think it was a Nigella recipe but I have googled and searched on here and can't find it.

I am interested in any veggie risotto recipes. I have made it with mushrooms/cheddar but the kids weren't keen.
Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!

Comments

• Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • aimeelister
    aimeelister Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    Im very simple when it comes to risotto, ive given up cooking them as they turn out like mush but i find cooking rice and then opening up a tin of cambells condensed soup normally mushroom and stiring in works quite well with a grate of black pepper!
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    As I said in my post, I have googled it:p
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Try the cherry tomato one on the side of Asda'a Carnoroli rice - thats really nice & easy, and you could swap wine for stock ... :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • GardenMillie
    GardenMillie Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    Finely chop and fry an onion, add rice (I use long grain) to coat with oil and then add stock (veggie) a cupful at a time, chop up cherry tomatoes (the plum ones are really tasty) add these and some frozen peas about ten minutes to go. Finely grate some parmesan and scatter some torn basil on top, looks and tastes lovely.

Sorry I don't have amounts for the rice but you'll know what's enough for the number you want to feed.:D

Serve with light salad and crusty bread, a perfect light supper!
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, made one up as I went along tonight. I used an onion, red pepper, grated carrot and some sweetcorn as that what veg I had in. I sauted those with garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. I used a tin of tomatoes which I blitzed with the hand blender and some extra water for the liquid. When it was cooked I stired in some really strong cheddar. It was delicious.

Keep the recipes coming please.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    quick chicken risotto

25g marg, 225g chicken cut in strips
    1 small onion fine chop, 1 small red pepper fibely diced
    225g easy cook long grain rice,
    295g tin condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 pint water, 1 chicken stock cube
    100g frozen peas, seasoning

melt marg in large pan and gently fry the chicken, onion and red pepper for 5 mins stir regularly till chicken is lightly browned, add rice fry 30 secs stirring stir in soup, water, and crumbled stock cube, bring to simmer, cook uncovered 15 mins stir occasionaly, add peas and cook 5 mins or till liquid is absorbed, season to taste, chicken can be omitted
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi chell

Found a tomato risotto recipe, but it's Delia one though...
    4 May 2010 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport