Free Birthday Card from the Queen.

mrwurzal
mrwurzal Posts: 283 Forumite
edited 27 October 2009 at 12:03PM in Freebies gone but not forgotten
Hi all...

A few years ago the queen would send out cards automatically to people who reached the magic 100! You know have to register for this and basically apply...

You can apply if you are celebrating your 60th (and over wedding anniversary) or 100th Birthday and 105 there on....

The application form (in PDF format) is here to print and send of with the relevent photocopied documents...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/anniversaries/Birthday%20Form%20in%20one%203.pdf

I hope that you know someone that is fast approaching a milestone anniversary or birthday and can make good use of this...

ENJOY!

Dan

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

There's more information on this on the anniversary and birthday messages page of the Royal Monarchy website.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• RachelD
    RachelD Posts: 217 Forumite
    For those who don't have access to the internet and have a 100th birthday coming up, you will still get a card without applying for it.

The Dept for Work and Pensions has a section devoted to Centenarians- the card also applies to those who have 105th birthdays and yearly thereafter. They will send someone out to visit a few weeks before to check the birth certificate and whether you want a card. They will telephone a couple of days before to check you will be at that address.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Thank you very much, it is my in-laws 60th wedding anniversary in December, so this will be ideal.
  • Awwww gutted!!! My grandads 80th birthday was two days ago, he would have loved this..................! Thanks anyway, great find!
    :heart2::heart2::heart2: I LOVE MY BEAGLE! :heart2::heart2::heart2:
  • geminibabe wrote: »
    Awwww gutted!!! My grandads 80th birthday was two days ago, he would have loved this..................! Thanks anyway, great find!

I think you can get a belated birthday card for some time after the birthday, have a rummage around the website, for more info...im sure i saw it somewhere!

http://www.royal.gov.uk/pdf/anniversaries/Birthday%20Form%20in%20one%203.pdf

4th line down
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    geminibabe wrote: »
    Awwww gutted!!! My grandads 80th birthday was two days ago, he would have loved this..................! Thanks anyway, great find!

It is only for birthdays over 100 too - so you might not been able to get one.
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport