H & M Double card payments

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

On 24 Jan H&M had a system glitch that meant if you shopped at any of its stores using a debit or credit card you may have been charged twice. It has automatically refunded anyone that was charged twice. However if you haven't received it or the double payment caused you to go over your limit and you incurred a charge call the H&M head office on 0207 323 2211. (You'll need to provide a statement to prove this).

Back to the original post............

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place, if not please tell me where I need to move this post to!

On Saturday 24th January I bought some clothes from H&M. When I checked my t'internet banking on Monday 26th January, I saw that the payment had been taken twice. When I went to H&M to question it I was told that it was a national problem and that head office were arranging refunds. Just thought people might want to check that they haven't been charged twice and if they have that the money has gone back in. I was told it could be 3 - 5 days.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• lal1234
    lal1234 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Same thing happened to me - will be keeping a close eye on my account to check it goes back in
  • I have had the same problem,

did you need to give them any of your details? Or will they be refunding every transaction they have listed?

It seems annoying to have to contact them when it's their mistake!

Thanks
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    i bought an item once and took it back for a refund and she sold it to me again. i only noticed wen i looked at my statement in detail. i was only 16 at the time.
  • Daisy89
    Daisy89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    i had the same thing, so do i just wait or do i go in and ask about it? annoying or what?! Thanks
    Started comping: Dec 08 :)
    Recent WINS: AEGON Classic tickets, face pack.
    I would like to win in 2014: Money (any!), festival tickets, any wedding stuff and a hotel stay/holiday!
  • lal1234
    when I called they didn't take any details and said that they were getting in touch with all the relevant banks etc so I'm assuming that you won't need to do anything to get your refund
  • lal1234
    just checked and I have been refunded the duplicate payment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills