Chelmsford & South Woodham- Free Swimming

Options
There is free swimming for all at the Chelmsford swimming pool from 1st January until the end March. This is for everyone but is obviously subject to when the pools are open and they do close for swimming clubs etc. If you haven't swum for a while it seems like a good time to get going again.

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Chelmsford, Maldon and Braintree districts are opening some pools up and offering free public swimming until March. Check your local district or pool's website to see if yours is participating. Read more about this on the Braintree Council website.

Many thanks to MoneySaver shirlgirl2004 for the top spot!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for this just checked website and its South Woodham ferrers pool as well which is closer to me

over 60's is going to be free from april 2009 to mar 2011 so even better for them!
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've changed the post title so all those in SWF know they can go nearer to home too. Thanks
  • EssexSaver_2
    Options
    This is great, im definately going to make the effort to go along.

Has anyone been to the toddler sessions? I would love to take my neice along.
  • shykins
    Options
    not sure if the toddler sessions would be free as it says 'public' sessions and i assume that means only those times when anyone can go

• shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Taken from the Borough Council website

'Public sessions' include: public session, early lane and lunchtime swimming, disability session, adults and ladies only, under 5's, family fun, pool fun and still waters.
    Free swimming does not cover hires, courses, lessons and activities with tuition or instructors. This includes school use, private hire, club hire, birthday parties, water workout, aqua aerobics, galas, crash courses and swimming lessons.
  • sexyboy
    sexyboy Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    children can use all the lifestyle swimming baths for free and gym for free.
    they are much better than any private gym in the area and have had millions spent on them

Biggest Win: £5000
    Last Win: 2013
  • shykins
    Options
    cor wish ours could use the gyms for free . no such luck

went to maldon pool yesterday and thats also free til end of march which is closer still to me lol
    x

• duggo_2
    Options
    Just for info these are promotions linked to the governments projectm to provide free swimming for under 16s and over 60's which will be happening in many areas from 1st April this year
  • shykins
    Options
    ours are for under 60's TIL march thisyear then the over 60's FROM april and thereon til 2011

pity the under 60's are only for 3 months but its better than nothing

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills