WH Unsecured Loans.

Options
Hello

My daughter has recently been trawling the internet looking for a loan. She has just come to me tonight and informed me that after a brief telephone conversation today she was offered a loan from the aforementioned company. I almost choked when she said she has paid a "broker's fee" of £48.70 upfront for the loan to go through. Now I don't know that much about loan companies and brokers but I assume that this is not the way reputeable companies in this field conduct business.

After a brief search of the net we have discovered that this company is a pseudonym of "Walker and Hammond" and it appears from this site alone that they have a very shady reputation and that people who have dealt with them have a lot of problems having this broker's fee reimbursed..

My question is this; if Walker and Hammond refuse to repay or drag thier heels in repaying what are my daughters rights? She was told on the phone that this fee is repayable but from our brief research it seems that this is not as simple as it sounds. Is there any legislation is place to make sure that these companies don't get away with this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Damian_Whelan
    Options
    Hi there, after looking at there site they have a 'consumer credit licence' (543736).

This is regulated by the 'Office of fair trading'.

If you talk to them they may be able to assist you... and / or advise you better that anyone here.

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport