How do you make a piniata

Options
Not sure I have spelt it right lol!!!
But if anyone can tell me how to make one I would be really gratefull as they cost ££££££££!!
thanks so much cheryl

Comments

• homeaway
    homeaway Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    You make it out of paper machier( spelling???) Newspaper, wallpaper paste and that is it. For a round shape blow up a balloon, mix wallpaper paste according to directions on packet and soak newspaper in it , then paste it onto the balloon. You make the opening in the top and have the strings to pull open on the base. Pop the balloon when you are finished. I hope this helps.
  • hemc
    hemc Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much that will save loads !!!!!!!
    thanks cheryl
  • LISSILEIGH
    LISSILEIGH Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    ive made two of these myself. i made a snowman head two years ago but i think i did too much paper mache!!!

ive also made one within the last few weeks of a teddy bear head for my daughter birthday, i would upload the image but i dont know how!!!
  • jaquivander
    jaquivander Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can I add , don't forget to incorporate some string / ribbon/tape through or round the pinata. My first ended up with no way to hang it. was more or less a pinfootball in the end.
    I also now use half strength wallpaper paste as it took a baseball bat to break the Easter chick I did.
    A super confetti filling can be made from the stuff inside the hole punch. My kids loved punching waste paper for hours to make it
  • hemc
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas going to have a go tonight !
    Its a Hawaiian party so doing a beach ball as guess that will be easy with a balloon and kids can paint it .
    How many parts paste to paper is best?
    I gues I can cover it with plain paper after so its easier to paint?
    Thanks Cheryl (who is completely uncreative so should be fun!!!)
  • amyandoli
    amyandoli Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    ive done it with watered down pva before (1:2 pva:water).
    *2 layers of newspaper, painted it with acrylics, then like the ones in asda etc added tufts of tissue paper.
    *to make a shaped one i did a poodle using modelling balloons with tape over the twisted bits so they werent very thin. it was small though! i had the donkey piniata a while ago and it's body was cardboard- rather hard to break though!
  • dianadors
    dianadors Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Have a look on the Martha Stewart website - I did one following her instructions and it was a great success.
  • hemc
    Options
    Have followed all instructions but its just not drying out what should I do?:confused:
    It has had one layer 24 hours ago and is still wet and I need it for Saturday:cry:
    Thanks C x
  • narabanekeater
    narabanekeater Posts: 1,892 Forumite
    Options
    Airing cuboard maybe?
    Mad Mum to 3 wonderful children, 2 foster kittens and 2 big fat cats that never made it to a new home!
    Aiming to loose 56 pounds this year. Total to date 44.5 pounds 12.5 to go. Slimming World Rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure