PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help identify this veg please

Options
Hi folks,

Got a bit of weird one in the veg box this week, I'm hoping someone here will recognise it. It looks like it could be from the cauliflower family. The tip has the strange pattern shown on the picture, on top of a long, thick white stalk, surrounded by cabbage-type leaves. Any advice much appreciated!

veg.jpg

Comments

• apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    It's a Romanesco cauliflower /broccoli
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes it's romanesco broccoli I've grown it with great results - it's very tasy too!

It is a vigorous type of Italian broccoli growing throughout the summer and repeatedly producing lime green broccoli 'flowers'.

Very nice.
  • coolbreezes
    Options
    Yes its lovely enjoy
  • Slothy
    Slothy Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, thanks ever so much! This is one fantastic looking vegetable.

I'll try some raw as I read it's very tasty that way, and the rest is likely to go into a veg curry with the courgette I also got.
  • emr_2
    emr_2 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    I got one of these a while back. it reminded me of little christmas trees when i cut it up! no one else fancied it, though, until it was made into delicious cream of broccoli soup.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure