🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HELP with freebie (Disney Book Club)

Options
Hello!

Please help, I ordered the Meet the Robinsons free book, and must have clicked that I wanted to receive 4 further free books.

Well, they have sent me 4 more books and another 2 books with a bill for £8.48!! I'm really annoyed as I did not realise I was signing up for anything and thought I was just getting the free books, silly me!

What can I do to? Obviously I want to cancel the subscription or whatever they have signed me up for..

HELP! Gem x
:D BSC Member 155 :cool:

Comments

• Lucifer68
    Lucifer68 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    I think you can just send the books back & write "CANCEL" on the invoice & that should do it.
    Make sure you get proof of posting or send recorded.
    G-G_4 Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    Options
    Panic over!

I rang them and told them I didn't want them, they offered to halve the invoice amount, down to £4 ish, but I said no and she said they will send a pre-paid envelope out to send the 2 (not-free) books back.

I also cancelled the membership and confirmed I wasn't getting anymore books.

So, I have 6 books for free, hopefully! Not too bad then..

Phew!
    :D BSC Member 155 :cool:
  • Lucifer68
    Lucifer68 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    Good result! :T
    Options
    Excellent result - but always worth bearing in mind when you send for "free" books. My husband got caught out, sent off for some free books and didn't realise he was joining a club. When they sent more books through he thought they were free too!! I had to sort it out, and they ended up free anyway (female to female sympathy with "dumb" husbands!) and he is now banned from sending for anything like that without me checking it first!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    With Grolier it comes up clearly on screen now do you want the free book only or do you want the extra ones for you to try, I've never had a problem with Grolier but others have in the past so just be aware of this in future.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • kibs
    kibs Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Don't be surprised when they reject your cancellation.
    It took me nearly a year to get them to leave me alone and stop sending me books.
    At one point I finally managed to cancel, forgot all about them, and a few months later, I received more books as they had kindly re-instated my account. grrr.

The only way I was able to fully sort them out was to threaten legal action for harassment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport