PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

New sandels rub, help

My old worn out sandels were on thier last legs, so I bought somw new ones- scholl`s expensive but I have funny feet.

Any how decided to wear them on the way back to the car, they have rubbed both feet already, just below the big toe, there is nothing on the underside of the sandel that could have rubbed.

So I now have sore feet, sandels that are worn out amnd a pair I can`t wear, feet were very hot and sweaty, so maybe when it cools down and feet heel they will be ok.

Any ideas?
April Grocery challange £175

Spent week 1 £29.90
week 2 £62.64, TOTAL £92.54

Comments

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I got some little gel pad thigs that stick to the inside of your shoes from Scholl part of the party feet range.
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    savlon blister plasters are great - but pricey

try a little vaseline on your foot where the shoe rubs, this creates a barrier.

otherwise try returning the shoes :confused:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As an immediate solution an ordinary plaster will help as far as the rubbing's concerned.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • You can rub the leather with a soft bar of soap, you might need to do this a few times
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Somebody told me that surgical spirit will toughen up your skin
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Poor Swizzle (I used to love your sweets, particularly Love Hearts:D )

Why not 'wear them in' by wearing your sandals in the house for a couple of days? Clean the soles first (to avoid getting your carpets dirty) and then wear the sandals with socks to protect your sore toes. You may well look ridulous but who will see you in the house?

I've found vaseline and savlon cream are very soothing for sore skin. Put some on before bed and wear socks to stop it rubbing off on the bedding.

Hope that helps.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Vaseline rules. You can soak your feet in the bath, then doe the V and the socks thing - better than any moisturiser

It doesnt dry like creams can and covers sores allowing them to heal
  • According to one of my Prima mags, you can peel a raw potato and psush that into shoes and sandals to soften the leather. Worth a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure